Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris script to performm interactive ftp Post 302072864 by prash_b on Monday 8th of May 2006 10:40:44 AM
Old 05-08-2006
Error script to performm interactive ftp

hi,

i have to generate a script, which performs FTP action. The script should handle both put and get functions.

can anybody help me on hw to develop the script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrap Interactive Script

Does anyone know of a program to wrap an interactive script into an application..I tried using platypus but i want a utility to allow interactive scripts to be run in a stand-alone window to avoid .profile settings on multiple computers...platypus provides the option of a text window output but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to non interactive mode

Gud morning everybody, I need small help form you people,Please advice me. I have a utility(adpatch) which takes 10-15 prompts, i want to automate this by calling this utility in shell script. Now my qiestion i want to run the script in non interactive mode. An example. $adpatch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swetham.apps
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Interactive script

I have a script that will install software on all remote host. At the end of the script it starts the install.sh part and goes into a interactive mode asking Yes or No questions and prompting to add a username and password. My question is how can I script this so that these questions are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive ftp get/put

Hi All, I'm trying to get this to work but when I execute it I get the following error ./ftp_upload.sh: line 78: syntax error: unexpected end of file. This was working before I expanded the script and had the here document part directly below within a function. Can anyone spot what I've... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darrenm
5 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script

Greetings gurus I have this simple scripts #!/bin/bash find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" > data_schema find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" >> data_schema <data.schema awk '{print NR, "inVol=" $0, "setDt=4000",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script – if then

Hi, I am writing an interactive shell script (ksh) but I have no idea how I could make a condition on it : Variables : rep_config="${rep_tools}/_CONFIG" rep_config_old="${rep_config}/_PROTO_OLD" Here is the interactice part : lst_proto=$(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab and interactive script

Hi all, I'm trying to execute from crontab a script that uses an interactive shell (swmml, Signalware MML Commands). I think the problem is about the crontab environment which miss tty/console/terminal etc... After many tryings and searches I didn't come to a solution. The program is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-interactive FTP within SSH session not working

Hello everyone! I am trying to log-in to a remote server over SSH, transfer file1 there, perform some checks, capture the results in file2 and transfer file2 back to my local server - all of this non-interactively. Initially, I tried to do this within a singe SSH session, using the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subu1987
2 Replies
avahi-autoipd.action(8) 				      System Manager's Manual					   avahi-autoipd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-autoipd.action - avahi-autoipd action script SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/avahi-autoipd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-autoipd.action is the action script that is called whenever an IP address has been acquired by avahi-autoipd or when it detected an IP address conflict. The script should add or remove the specified address from the specified network interface. PARAMETERS
argv[1] An event string: one of BIND, CONFLICT, UNBIND or STOP. If BIND is passed an IP address has been sucessfully acquired and the script shall add it to the network interface. If CONFLICT is passed avahi-autopid detected a IP address on the local network, the action script should remove the configured IP address. If UNBIND is passed the IP address should be removed from the interface, too, because a routable address has been configured to the interface by some other program. If STOP is passed the avahi-autoipd is being shutdown and the action script should remove the IP address. In short: on BIND the address should be added to the interface, on CONFLICT, UNBIND or STOP it should be removed. argv[2] The network interface name. argv[3] An IP address from the IPv4LL range. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-autoipd(8), dhclient-script(8), ip(8), ifconfig(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-autoipd.action(8)