Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo comand with ControlM
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sudo comand with ControlM Post 302071361 by x96riley3 on Tuesday 18th of April 2006 03:42:19 PM
Old 04-18-2006
This is not the best nor nicest option. I'm not even sure this is what your looking for since your running your script from control-M. I'm assuming that you need your script to run with the same permissions as the user DWSOLAP. If that is true, here is an option.

You could setuid the script.

chown DWSOLAP scriptname
chmod 4750 scriptname

This will tell the script to run as the user DWSOLAP no matter who executes it.

Good Luck!

-X

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount comand

Dear experts: I am installing software on Unix via telnet using CD on my NT workstation. What kind of NFS & mount comands I should run in the beginning ? (what exactly should be <drive for cdrom> and <mount ditectory> in the mount comand? Thanks in advance, etc.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec comand

hi, i have written a small script in which i use exec command and redriect output to a file..after sometime i want to switch it off and redirect the output to screen..how to do it exec >> /tmp/out.txt 2>&1 //set of statements then i want to switch of these exec as the rest should get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing a comand in the script

Hi everyone , i am new to shell scripting and am having some problem to test if this line has been executed well and display a pass message on the screen or fail if not sqlplus XXTEST/$2 <<END > $XXTEST_TOP/log/$0.log @$XXTEST_TOP/admin/sql/XXTEST_SPE1_XX_QUOTE_DETAILS_TBL.sql XXTEST$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
2 Replies

4. Solaris

comand df -k

I need to know the available space in my unix. when making a df -k it shows me the following thing: /dev/vx/dsk/emc2/vol06 136764867 121542767 1545614 99% /emc06 would need them to explain to me well the command. since under the column avail the resulting value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roviedo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify File with ControlM Characters

Dear Members, I have a file which contains ControlM characters in it. I need a command by the means of which i should be able to identify if a file has controlM characters. How can this be achieved. Thanks Sandeep (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Using dd comand

Hello peolple i have to check a tape with de dd comand and redirect the exit dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null i need that the exit from that commando go to a log if a do this dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null > x.log don`t send me nothing to the log only in the screen. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

7. AIX

smit see comand performed ??

i in smit , press F6 , smit fs , Change / Show Characteristics of an Enhanced Journaled File System then F6 to see the comand , how can i see the command performed ?? x() { │ │ LIST= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX comand

Team, I need unix command to grep directory part from the string for example I have a texts something like /apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf /apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf I need only directory part from that string like my out put will /apps/opt/data/current/spool/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asappidi
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exit1 not to report failure in controlM

HI Team, I running below script from controlM and job is reporting as failure everyday so i tried to change the if exitstatus=1 (send only email) but not to end as a job is failed. can you let me know where i have to change this script to make the script not to fail but instead send email and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
3 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)