Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to configure Linux for incomming connections Post 302070773 by new23 on Friday 7th of April 2006 10:26:48 AM
Old 04-07-2006
how to configure Linux for incomming connections

I have two computers running red hat, but when i use telnet command in a shell from one to another, it works. but from the other , it does not, it said: refused. i sent the security for incoming connecting, but it still not work . anyone have experience ?
thanks

vh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure modem in Linux

I have Linux RedHat7.1 and I have this modem RockWell HCF 56KDATA Fax PCI Modem. I don't know how to configure this modem. Can anybody please help me out. I tried "linuxconf" it does not recognize this command. Pleas help me out. Regards -Iftikhar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedifti
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incomming EmailAttachments

Hello, I have a requirement to accept incoming email attachements on my server to be saved off and processed into a database. I can find lots of information on sending attachments but nothing about handling incomming attachments. I need to be able to test for an attachment, ensure it's ascii and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grhodes
1 Replies

4. Linux

how to configure linux AS4 as a router

Hi, anybody show me how to configure linux AS4 as a router. my linux server has 2 NICs, one connects to DSL modem (10.0.0.0/24) , and other one connects to private LAN (192.168.1.0/24). TIA Bong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong02
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure User account in linux

Got the answer as it can be done using yast tool in SUSE linux (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure sendmail in linux

Hi, I want to know how to configure emails in linux.First how to configure inside the firewall and second how to configure it outside the firewall? Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajbal
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to configure Dhcp in linux?

Please let me know step by step, I am new to this configuration.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhineshcs
2 Replies

8. Linux

Configure SMTP service in linux 5.2

Hi All, How to configure SMTP service in linux 5.2? Please provide me the steps. Thanks Jack (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Question about blocking incomming traffic

Hello, Like many others, I have continued to get attempts to connect to my local net router from the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre and from RIPE Network Coordination Centre, Amsterdam. I would say that 90% of attempted connections come from these two locations. The originating IP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. Linux

How to configure FTPS service on Linux 7.2?

Hey Guys, I need to know , how to configure the FTPS service on Linux 7.2 OS. Please advise. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil1000
0 Replies
IRNET(4)                                                       Linux-IrDA man pages                                                       IRNET(4)

NAME
irnet - IrNET protocol device DESCRIPTION
File /dev/irnet is used to access and configure the IrNET protocol part of the Linux-IrDA stack. IrNET is a protocol allowing to create TCP/IP connections between two IrDA peers in an efficient fashion, and generally to enable standard networking over IrDA. It is a thin layer, passing PPP packets to IrTTP and vice versa. It uses PPP in synchronous mode, because IrTTP offer a reliable sequenced packet service (as opposed to a byte stream). In fact, you could see IrNET as carrying TCP/IP in a IrDA socket, using PPP to provide the glue. The main difference with traditional PPP over IrCOMM is that it avoids the framing and serial emulation which are a performance bottleneck. It also allows multipoint communications in a sensible fashion. And finally, it can automatically handle incomming connections through irnetd. The main difference with IrLAN is that we use PPP for the link management, which is more standard, interoperable and flexible than the IrLAN protocol. For example, PPP adds authentication, encryption, compression, header compression and automated routing setup. And, as IrNET let PPP do the hard work, the implementation is much simpler than IrLAN. IrNET connections are initiated and managed with pppd(8). File /dev/irnet also offer a control channel. Reads from /dev/irnet will return various IrNET events. Write to /dev/irnet allow to configure the IrNET connection. CONFIGURATION
If your system does not have /dev/irnet created already, it can be created with the following commands: mknod -m 644 /dev/irnet c 10 187 chown root:root /dev/irnet You will also need to have IrNET support in your kernel or as module and the Linux-IrDA stack installed and configured (see irattach(8)). File /dev/irnet is supposed to only be used with the PPP line discipline or for accessing the control channel, other use are unsupported. IrNET support multiple concurent connections (limited by the IrDA stack), all those connections are multiplexed on a single /dev/irnet device (as opposed to IrCOMM which as one device per connection). PARAMETERS
Writing commands to /dev/irnet allow to configure the IrNET connection being made. This need to be done through pppd(8) (see below for examples). Commands are separated by comas. name <peer> Connect to the IrDA device which IrDA nickname is <peer>. The IrDA nickname is a string up to 31 characters. daddr <peer> Connect to the IrDA device which IrDA address is <peer>. The IrDA address is a 32 bits hexadecimal number. raddr <port> Restrict connections to the local IrDA interface which IrDA address is <port>. The IrDA address is a 32 bits hexadecimal number. DISPLAY
Reading from /dev/irnet will show various IrNET events. This is usually done with the command cat /dev/irnet. Found Dump of the current IrNET discovery log. Discovered New IrNET device discovered. Expired Previously discovered IrNET device no longer present. Connected to This computer successfully established an IrNET connection to a peer. Connection from A peer successfully established an IrNET connection to this computer. Request from A peer attempted to connect to this computer, but no IrNET connection was waiting for it. No-answer from This computer attempted to connect to a peer, but no IrNET connection was waiting for it. Blocked link with The IrDA link of the IrNET connection is currently blocked. Disconnection from A peer successfully terminated an IrNET connection with this computer. Disconnected to This computer successfully terminated an IrNET connection with a peer. File /proc/net/irda/irnet will also show the current state of the various IrNET connections. EXAMPLE
Start a IrNET server accepting any incomming connection: pppd /dev/irnet 9600 local noauth nolock passive Start a IrNET client connecting to any IrDA peer: pppd /dev/irnet 9600 local noauth nolock Start a IrNET client connecting to the IrDA peer called MyIrDANode: pppd /dev/irnet 9600 local noauth nolock connect "echo name MyIrDANode" Start a IrNET server accepting incomming connection from peer with IrDA address 0x12345678 only on IrDA port 0x87654321: pppd /dev/irnet 9600 local noauth nolock passive connect "echo daddr 0x12345678 , saddr 0x87654321" AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/dev/irnet /proc/net/irda/irnet SEE ALSO
irda(7), irnetd(8), pppd(8), irattach(8), irdadump(8). irda-utils 2 May 2003 IRNET(4)