Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can you use linux apps on unix Post 302070112 by dirtybrown on Friday 31st of March 2006 01:09:21 PM
Old 03-31-2006
provider

how much bandwidth do you need? I just got a dedicated freebsd 3 GZ 1 GB RAM 3 MBS unmetered bandwidth for only $99/mo they offer redhat too www.calpop.com

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

launching OSX apps in UNIX

How do you launch an OSX app in UNIX? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of C Apps from AIX to LINUX

Hi All, I am currently facing new problem of migrating C(c language) application from AIX machine to Linux machine. We are using GCC to compile the source code.. But facing with the compilation issues, with lot of GCC C libs differing between AIX box to Linux box... Pls help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

5. Programming

Migration of C Apps from AIX to LINUX

Hi All, I am currently facing new problem of migrating C(c language) application from AIX machine to Linux machine. We are using GCC to compile the source code.. But facing with the compilation issues, with lot of GCC C libs differing between AIX box to Linux box... Pls help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

6. Linux

Will installing LINUX mean reinstalling my 3rd party apps?

Hi all, Long time UNIX admin, first time LINUX user. So I'm finally at the last straw with Windows. I hate it. I've always hated it but the wife was scared of change so I kept it going. But Window's insistence on "protecting" me by preventing me access to certain areas created hours of work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
14 Replies

7. HP-UX

UNIX apps on CYGWIN

Hi all, am new to the forum. i would like to check with the community whether anyone had tried to run self-developed UNIX apps on the CYGWIN? Does the CYGWIN presents a friendly environment to host the UNIX apps? thanks :) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
14 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)