Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using sed with xml files part 2 Post 302068896 by stonemonolith on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 02:55:38 PM
Old 03-21-2006
Thanks

Thanks for your help vino - I really appreciate it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed with xml files

Hello I'm working on a project modifying XML files in Unix and, I would like to use sed to change these values. For example, I've got a tag <book>354678209<\book> and I want to replace the value 354678209 with a another value without having to go into the file and change it manually. How can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of XML File

Hi Guys, I have a very large XML feed (2.7 MB) which crashes the server at the time of parsing. Now to reduce the load on the server I have a cron job running every 5 min.'s. This job will get the file from the feed host and keep it in the local machine. This does not solve the problem as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shridhard
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut a part of a XML file

I want to be able to search and remove a part of this file. For Example I want to make a search for something like Terminal.app and remove the following from the XML file. <dict> <key>GUID</key> <integer>210535539</integer> <key>tile-data</key> <dict> <key>dock-extra</key>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying xml files using sed

Hello, I have lots of xml files in the same format and I need to modify a xml tag in these files. i loop over the files and apply sed to the files to make the modification but CPU goes to %100 while doing this. I think I'm doing something wrong. Here is my onliner: for f in $( find . -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. My code looks like this: set name = `awk '/<generationTime>/,/<\/generationTime>/ p' $xml_name` the "name" is thus set to <generationTime>2004-12-01T08:23:50.000000</generationTime> How can I separate this line,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. The name should be set to the date, which is a part of the following line of the xml file: <sceneID>C82_N32_A_SM_strip_008_R_2009-11-24T04:22:12.790028Z</sceneID> How can I separate this line, that the name will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing part of XML code inside comment tags

Hello! I'd like to modify custom values in a XML config file between comment tags using bash script. <feature> <keyboardshortcut>C-m</keyboardshortcut> <option1>disabled</option2> <option2>enabled</option2> </feature> <!-- bash script features START --> <feature> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prism1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of word from XML

Hi All, Can Someone help me in capturing a word from xml Using sed or awk or any other way in unix. i have file abc.xml like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?> - <NREC xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <HEADER> <SOURCE>MAIL</SOURCE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenkumarc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies
SPECTOOL(1)							   User Commands						       SPECTOOL(1)

NAME
spectool - manual page for spectool v1.0.10rpmdev1 SYNOPSIS
spectool [<options>] <specfile> DESCRIPTION
Spectool is a tool to expand and download sources and patches from specfiles. If you experience problems with specific specfiles, try to run rpmbuild --nobuild --nodeps <specfile> on the file which might give a clue why spectool fails on a file (ignore anything about missing sources or patches). The plan is to catch errors like this in spectool itself and warn the user about it in the future. OPTIONS
Operating mode: -l, --lf, --list-files lists the expanded sources/patches (default) -g, --gf, --get-files gets the sources/patches that are listed with a URL -h, --help display this help screen Files on which to operate: -A, --all all files, sources and patches (default) -S, --sources all sources -P, --patches all patches -s, --source x[,y[,...]] specified sources -p, --patch a[,b[,...]] specified patches Miscellaneous: -d, --define 'macro value' defines RPM macro 'macro' to be 'value' -C, --directory dir download into specified directory (default '.') -R, --sourcedir download into rpm's %{_sourcedir} -n, --dryrun, --dry-run don't download anything, just show what would be done -f, --force try to unlink and download if target files exist -D, --debug output debug info, don't clean up when done FILES
/etc/rpmdevtools/curlrc optional curl(1) configuration spectool v1.0.10rpmdev1 June 2014 SPECTOOL(1)