Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions loading problem in XP help!!!!!!!!!!! Post 29879 by pudad on Sunday 13th of October 2002 05:28:53 PM
Old 10-13-2002
You probably have a bad hard drive. May I ask what brand and model the hard drive is?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Red Hat loading problem

when i try to load Redhat 7.2 the screen gets all mished together as if it were a meltdown the book says its a prob with X but it dosnt really say what to do WINMe works fine i have a radeon 64 MB card 1 gig processor and 2 HDs on a Dell 1 GHZ how do i fix this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASpin
1 Replies

2. Linux

Problem Loading Linux

I have Linux on an image in my cd-rom drive. I have previously loaded Windows XP but couldnt use it because I had already installed it on another PC - so I want to remove this and load Linux. I am fairly PC illiterate when it come to dos-commands and such... HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kyroq
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Data Loading....

i am studying a script which is used for data loading. it has functions which deletes all the existing data before loading and then loads new fresh data. but i am stuck up at function Replace into table ( col 1,col 2....) Does this signify All Inserts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPAR Loading Problem

I'm having a major problem trying to load a LPAR. I've got through the HMC and shutdown and then activated the LPAR and it only gets to the Operator Panel Value of 0517. Now from some research I've found that this is to do with loading the rootvg. ( I think ) On the actual terminal all I get is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Application Loading problem

I install a software xchm for opening chm files. I install software and also its required libraries. But when i start it; no GUI appears. Application got halt. Process name also appears in process list when i run top command. Appliation continously using cpu but no GUI appears. Please tell me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
7 Replies

6. Linux

Problem in loading library

I am trying to run seagull tool. But when i start it following error shown |E|Unable to open library file error |A|STOP log Please help me how i can recover from it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenBoot Loading Problem

I am using a SunBlade 100 system and accidently set a new alias for keyboard, now when it start it gives the following error, The selected input device has no read routine. Keyboard not present using ttya for input and output. Now i cannot execute any commands on the OBP and i just gets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumwhriblong
3 Replies

8. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem loading cpufreq module

I'd like to install cpufreq modules on my server . I tried sudo modprobe acpi-cpufreq but got the error FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen/kernel/arch/x86_64/kernel/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device cat /proc/cpuinfo gives this ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
11 Replies

10. Linux

Ubuntu problem loading messenger

Hi, I'm using ubuntu right now. I'm having problem of loading yahoo messenger. I have no package called libss10.9.6. How about Gaim? How to install it? If I want to send message to someone using yahoo messenger, Is gaim instant messenger can do it to transfer message to yahoo messenger? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
0 Replies
S3QLLOCK(1)							       S3QL							       S3QLLOCK(1)

NAME
s3qllock - Make trees on an S3QL file system immutable SYNOPSIS
s3qllock [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
S3QL is a file system for online data storage. Before using S3QL, make sure to consult the full documentation (rather than just the man pages which only briefly document the available userspace commands). The s3qllock command makes a directory tree in an S3QL file system immutable. Immutable trees can no longer be changed in any way whatso- ever. You can not add new files or directories and you can not change or delete existing files and directories. The only way to get rid of an immutable tree is to use the s3qlrm command. s3qllock can only be called by the user that mounted the file system and (if the file system was mounted with --allow-other or --allow-root) the root user. This limitation might be removed in the future (see issue 155). RATIONALE
Immutability is a feature designed for backups. Traditionally, backups have been made on external tape drives. Once a backup was made, the tape drive was removed and locked somewhere in a shelf. This has the great advantage that the contents of the backup are now permanently fixed. Nothing (short of physical destruction) can change or delete files in the backup. In contrast, when backing up into an online storage system like S3QL, all backups are available every time the file system is mounted. Nothing prevents a file in an old backup from being changed again later on. In the worst case, this may make your entire backup system worthless. Imagine that your system gets infected by a nasty virus that simply deletes all files it can find -- if the virus is active while the backup file system is mounted, the virus will destroy all your old backups as well! Even if the possibility of a malicious virus or trojan horse is excluded, being able to change a backup after it has been made is generally not a good idea. A common S3QL use case is to keep the file system mounted at all times and periodically create backups with rsync -a. This allows every user to recover her files from a backup without having to call the system administrator. However, this also allows every user to accidentally change or delete files in one of the old backups. Making a backup immutable protects you against all these problems. Unless you happen to run into a virus that was specifically programmed to attack S3QL file systems, backups can be neither deleted nor changed after they have been made immutable. OPTIONS
The s3qllock command accepts the following options: --debug activate debugging output --quiet be really quiet --version just print program version and exit EXIT STATUS
s3qllock returns exit code 0 if the operation succeeded and 1 if some error occurred. SEE ALSO
The S3QL homepage is at http://code.google.com/p/s3ql/. The full S3QL documentation should also be installed somewhere on your system, common locations are /usr/share/doc/s3ql or /usr/local/doc/s3ql. COPYRIGHT
2008-2011, Nikolaus Rath 1.11.1 August 27, 2014 S3QLLOCK(1)