Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with admintool
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with admintool Post 29435 by yls177 on Monday 7th of October 2002 01:46:15 AM
Old 10-07-2002
problem with admintool

hi, after i execute admintool, i got the below
"Error, cant open display"

what is wrong?
thanks
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admintool

Hi, Does anyone here know where I can find out what commands admintool runs while adding a new user and setting up the account? Reason being is the script I am writting, I can add the user create the path. But it wont set the path for the user. The password well it wont add without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sun solstice, admintool, smc

hi, i tried these sun command on a sun0s 5.7 but get the "cant open display" message. please advise. i am using netterm to telnet. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

admintool : error display..

hi, i did the following 1) which admintool /bin/admintool 2) admintool Error: Can't open display: how to set the display then? i am using netterm to telnet to my sun server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Admintool

I am new to unix....How do I enable XWindows... Or for that matter, use Admintool. .....Pls. help. Thanks. PS. I am running Solaris 8. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4jtwvb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer Error with Admintool

Hi I have a unix box [ Solaris 2.5.1 , sparc staion 5_10 ) I could successfully configure a LOCAL printer using lpadmin -p XX -v /dev/term/a But when I tried to do local printer configuration with admintool, ( as root user ) it throws up error. " add printer failed ". Also when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Admintool and rpc call

Hi all, I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. i get the message: Received communication service error 4: Remote procedure call timed out: program = 100087, version = 10 Just to say, i don't use nis/nisplus on my server... What to do? Thanx Jason (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
17 Replies

7. Solaris

what happened to admintool?

what happened to admintool in Solaris10? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Admintool

How can I solve this admintool Error: Can't open display: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does admintool write to eeprom?

Hi: I was setting up a modem on an Ultra5 running 2.6. (yes I know, how quaint) There are 15 systems that are interlinked but not accessible to the outside world. This will end soon with new updated sun systems but until then the system needs to be accessed by the outside world. Hence the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

10. Solaris

HP Printer without SMC, Admintool, or Jetadmin

Jetadmin fails saying that it is not a network printer despite the fact that it is and can be pinged from UNIX. I am administering this remotely (long remote, I can't go there soon) and can't run smc or admintool. Any help configuring this spooler would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TT Fan
1 Replies
TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)				 Introduction to Library Functions				 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFWriteDirectory - write the current directory in an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> int TIFFWriteDirectory(TIFF* tif) DESCRIPTION
Write the contents of the current directory to the file and set up to create a new subfile in the same file. Applications only need to call TIFFWriteDirectory when writing multiple subfiles to a single TIFF file. TIFFWriteDirectory is automatically called by TIFFClose and TIFF- Flush to write a modified directory if the file is open for writing. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
Diagnostics All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. Error post-encoding befoBeforeecwritingitthe contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Error flushing data befoBeforeewritingrthe.contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Cannot write directory, Therefwasanot enough space to allocate a temporary area for the directory that was to be written. Error writing directory Aowrite error occurred when writing the count of fields in the directory. Error writing directory Aowriteserror occurred when writing the directory fields. Error writing directory Aiwrite error occurred when writing the link to the next directory. Error writing data for fAewriteserror occurred when writing indirect data for the specified field. Error writing TIFF headeA.write error occurred when rewriting header at the front of the file. Error fetching directoryAcread.error occurred when fetching the directory count field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. Error fetching directoryAlread error occurred when fetching the directory link field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. RETURN VALUES
1 is returned when the contents are successfully written to the file. Otherwise, 0 is returned if an error was encountered when writing the directory contents. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtiff(3), TIFFError(3tiff), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFReadDirectory(3tiff), TIFFSetDirectory(3tiff) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 05 Apr 2004 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)