Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Personal Security
Special Forums Cybersecurity Personal Security Post 29274 by TioTony on Wednesday 2nd of October 2002 06:09:34 PM
Old 10-02-2002
I had a professor that used to say "The most secure network is no network".

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Personal Firewall

I recently install SuSE Linux 7.1 and I am trying to configure the personal firewall script. I followed the directions and at startup and it does not initialize. The docs said to edit two files: rc.config and firewall.rc.config. I only had to add "yes" to FW_START in rc.config and eth0 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marrow
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
network-admin(1)					      General Commands Manual						  network-admin(1)

NAME
network-admin - Network Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
network-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
network-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. network-admin allows you to specify the way your system connects to other computers and to the Internet. OPTIONS
--display=DISPLAY X display to use network-admin also accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
network-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), shares-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 network-admin(1)