Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New Drive problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New Drive problems Post 27306 by DPAI on Thursday 29th of August 2002 05:05:09 PM
Old 08-29-2002
New Drive problems

Sun Ultra 80 ...
had to connect an additional drive. connect it according to hardware manual
The problem is when i try to power on the system , it dosent start, .. like the system is dead. Smilie
So i remove the new drive and voila ... power starts up .

Can anyone pinpoint wats goin on here.

Why is it that power fails to light up these beauties... when this drive is connected..

DP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

HP DAT Drive C1533A on RH9 Problems

HELP!! I am having some major problems at present with a HP dat drive under RH9. The drive worked fine previously under RH8, but now does not work. I am using kernel 2.4.20-30.9 on a i686 athlon intel box. My messages log shows the below: Apr 23 11:39:24 devsys kernel: ahc_pci:1:6:0:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkimber6
0 Replies

2. SuSE

SUSE 9 - problems accessing CD ROM drive

I've got SUSE 9 installed on a removable hard drive and the system is up and running fine. I'm trying to copy stuff off a CD onto one of my Linux partitions but I am getting an errors : * Could not read /media/cdrom/file1.tar.tar I can browse to the file location on the CD by using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: GandalfWhite
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar problems using Sony AIT drive

Recently we brought up a Spectralogic 2K Tape Library that had been out of service for about 3 years to replace a DDS-4 tape drive unit as our main backup device. Everything seemed to go fine but now I have run into a little problem. System details: FBSD 6.1 SpectraLogic 2K library with a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape drive problems

Recently we had a problem with a CPU card on our SunFire V880 which has Solaris 9 OS. we removed the card and there was also a problem with our usr which was accidentally deleted. We able to restore the usr but now we having a problem with our tape drive. Previously we could write to the with ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10: Problems booting off mirror drive -- Error 22: No such partition

Solaris 10 5/08 on Ultra 40 M2 It boots fine off primary disk but having issues booting off the mirror disk. I get this error when booting off mirror disk: Booting 'Solaris 10 ... Mirror disk' root (hd1,0,a) Error 22: No such partition Press any key to continue... Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with SCSI card and tape drive

Currenty running SCO Openserver 6 at a Dell PowerEdge T300. I recently installed a driver for an Adaptec SCSI card (adpu320). When I connect a tape drive to it and re-start the system,it freezes and displays the following message: "WARNING: adpu320: Command timed out (ha= 4)" and the system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

7. SCO

Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive

I am trying to install an HP StorageWorks DAT40 Tape drive at SC0 5.0.7. The tape drive is not functional. When I run #sconf -v this is what I get; Sdsk ad160 0 0 0 0 Sdsk ad160 0 0 1 0 Stp ad160 0 0 3 0 But when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

LV and/or physical drive problems HP9000

I'm a technician who has been called upon to troubleshoot an ancient HP9000 K260, running HP UX 11.11. After a power sag/crash/restart FSCK gave multiple error/warning messages about logical volumes and groups. I have some modest experience with Unix servers, but not on such an old and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick.scalia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed problems with tar'ing a 500Gb directory on an eSATA drive

I'm trying to compress a directory structure on an external hard drive, connected by eSATA cable to my linux (Ubuntu 10.04) desktop. The total volume is 500Gb with half a million files, ranging from Kb to Mb in size. The drive is 2Tb, with 0.8Tb free space before compression. running "tar -pcf... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnisppot
10 Replies
XINE-CHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     XINE-CHECK(1)

NAME
xine-check - a checker for the xine video player SYNOPSIS
xine-check [-q] [-v] [-B] [-b] xine-bugreport [-q] [-v] [-B] DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the xine-checker program. xine-check is a program, which tests the xine video player installation for common problems. If you experience any problem with or while running xine, running xine-check might provide useful hints for problem tracking. xine-check tests the operating system settings, installation of plugins, CD/DVD drive settings and video support parameters. If run as xine-bugreport, it will produce a terse system description and guide you through the process of reporting a bug. This is the pre- ferred way to report xine bugs, as it's easier for you and provides the developers with a more complete bugreport. OPTIONS
The program follows usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. For a complete description, see README and FAQ in /usr/share/doc/xine-ui or on the xine home page. -h, --help Show summary of options and version number. The remaining options, labelled XINE-CHECK options: when listed with "xine-check --help", are explained here. -q, --quiet Only give a single one-line messages, even if problems are found. Normally xine-check provides hints for every problem found to help solve the problem. -v, --verbose Enable extended output describing each check in detail, which produces a kind of frequently asked questions (FAQ) list. -B, --batch Turn off pause after long messages. Normally xine-check waits for confirmation after a problem was found or a long message was printed. -b, --bug Produce a bug report. This is the same as calling xine-bugreport directly. BUGS
none, of course ;-) Well, there are surely a few of those. You can probably best ask for support (and report bugs) on our mailing list at <xine-user@lists.sf.net>. SEE ALSO
xine(1), aaxine(1), xine-lib(3), http://xinehq.de <http://xinehq.de/> AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philipp Hahn <pmhahn@users.sf.net> for the xine project. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Copyright (C) 2002 Siggi Langauf The xine project Januar 16, 2002 XINE-CHECK(1)