Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ Problem, managing >2Gb file Post 26823 by ASOliveira on Friday 23rd of August 2002 03:48:33 PM
Old 08-23-2002
Information....

C++ :

swlist | grep C++
B3913DB B.11.01.06 HP aC++ Compiler (S800)
PHSS_20055 1.0 HP aC++ runtime libraries (aCC A.03.25)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size exceeding 2GB

I am working on HP-Unix. I have a 600 MB file in compressed form. During decompression, when file size reaches 2GB, decompression aborts. What should be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

largefile (>2gb) problem

i'm working on SCO unix 7 and i'm trying to be able to creat files greater than 2GB. i've done the following and still haven't soved the problem: 1) fsadm -F vxfs -o largefiles 2) ulimit -f, -d, -s, -c unlimited 3) scoadmin > system tuning > Defaults manager > vxfs defaults: stting maxsize... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roydv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem creating files greater than 2GB

With the C code I am able to create files greater than 2GB if I use the 64 bit compile option -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. There I am using the function fprintf to write into the file. But when I use C++ and ofstream the file is getting truncated when the size grows beyond 2GB. Is there any special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyjohnz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

5. AIX

Creating > 2GB file

I am trying to execute a database dump to a file, but can't seem to get around the 2GB file size. I have tried setting the user limit to -1, but no luck. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

6. Programming

Can't create file bigger than 2GB with my application

Hi, I've created a simple application that is supposed to fill up a file with messages up to the size I pass as parameter. The problem is that once the file reaches the 2GB size, it stops growing. The flow of the application, for what is worth, is as follows: while ( bytes written <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
7 Replies

7. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a file more than 2GB

Hi, I am executing a SQL query and the output is more than 2GB. Hence the process is failing. How can I have a file created more than 2GB ? Thanks, Risshanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

2GB file size limit

Greetings, I'm attempting to dump a filesystem from a RHEL5 Linux server to a VXFS filesystem on an HP-UX server. The VXFS filesystem is large file enabled and I've confirmed that I can copy/scp a file >2GB to the filesystem. # fsadm -F vxfs /os_dumps largefiles # mkfs -F vxfs -m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkimura
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete the file which crossed 2GB

Hi , I wants to create the bash script for deleting the specified 2gb file and wants to take the backup before doing that. please help me how to do the same,I use RHEL5 server (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
22 Replies
MPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MPT(4)

NAME
mpt -- LSI Fusion-MPT SCSI/Fibre Channel driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device mpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mpt driver provides support for the LSI Logic Fusion-MPT family of SCSI, Fibre Channel and SAS controllers. HARDWARE
The following controllers are supported by the mpt driver: o LSI Logic 53c1030, LSI Logic LSI2x320-X (Single and Dual Ultra320 SCSI) o LSI Logic AS1064, LSI Logic AS1068 (SAS/SATA) o LSI Logic FC909 (1Gb/s Fibre Channel) o LSI Logic FC909A (Dual 1Gb/s Fibre Channel) o LSI Logic FC919, LSI Logic 7102XP-LC (Single 2Gb/s Fibre Channel) o LSI Logic FC929, LSI Logic FC929X, LSI Logic 7202XP-LC (Dual 2Gb/s Fibre Channel) o LSI Logic FC949X (Dual 4Gb/s Fibre Channel) o LSI Logic FC949E, LSI Logic FC949ES (Dual 4Gb/s Fibre Channel PCI-Express) The Ultra 320 SCSI controller chips supported by the mpt driver can be found onboard on many systems including: o Dell PowerEdge 1750 thru 2850 o IBM eServer xSeries 335 These systems also contain Integrated Raid Mirroring and Integrated Raid Mirroring Enhanced which this driver also supports. The SAS controller chips are also present on many new AMD/Opteron based systems, like the Sun 4100. Note that this controller can drive both SAS and SATA drives or a mix of them at the same time. The Integrated Raid Mirroring available for these controllers is poorly supported at best. The Fibre Channel controller chipset are supported by a broad variety of speeds and systems. The Apple Fibre Channel HBA is in fact the FC949ES card. This driver also supports target mode for Fibre Channel cards. This support may be enabled by setting the desired role of the core via the LSI Logic firmware utility that establishes what roles the card can take on - no separate compilation is required. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), da(4), pci(4), sa(4), scsi(4), targ(4), mptutil(8), gmultipath(8) LSI Logic Website, http://www.lsilogic.com/. HISTORY
The mpt driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. AUTHORS
The mpt driver was originally written for FreeBSD by Greg Ansley and marginally improved upon by Matt Jacob <mjacob@FreeBSD.org>. Justin Gibbs <gibbs@FreeBSD.org> and Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> have made more substantial improvements. BUGS
BSD
May 13, 2010 BSD