Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help With CGI Scripts and .htaccess Post 25598 by binhnx2000 on Thursday 1st of August 2002 07:45:48 AM
Old 08-01-2002
Hammer & Screwdriver

With all Apache Version (have version Windows). You can use .htaccess and .htpasswd.

You need use this code to Crypt your passwd and creat .htaccess

$encpass = &encrypt($password);
sub encrypt {
my($plain) = @_;
my(@salt);
@salt = ('a'..'z', 'A'..'Z', '0'..'9', '.', '/');
srand(time() ^ ($$ + ($$ << 15)) );
return crypt($plain, $salt[int(rand(@salt))] . $salt[int(rand(@salt))] );
}

After crypt your password. You need creat .htpasswd with content:

Your_user:JNSQVx3F3/n0c = = > Your pass after crypt

Okies

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

3. Programming

Perl CGI Scripts

I need to create a webserver to run Perl CGI Scripts. Anyone have any ideas or good links? Yes I know there are lovely programs out there, but I need to build one in C. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cb.mark
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to share CGI Scripts across UNIX web server?

Hi, is it possible to create a CGI folder somewhere on the server and allow all domains on that server be able to access the scripts? I tried a ScriptAlias addition in httpd.conf but still no luck. Would greatly appreciate any tips! Thanks. Linux version 2.4.20-021stab028.3.777-enterprise Plesk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlsworld
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to share CGI Scripts across UNIX web server?

Hi, is it possible to create a CGI folder somewhere on the server and allow all domains on that server be able to access the scripts? I tried a ScriptAlias addition in httpd.conf but still no luck. Would greatly appreciate any tips! Thanks. Linux version 2.4.20-021stab028.3.777-enterprise Plesk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlsworld
5 Replies

6. Web Development

User authentication for some Perl CGI scripts

Hi, I am trying to create a web interface with Perl CGI with 2 pages. The content of these pages is dependent on the user accessing it. Thus, I need some kind of authentication to identify WHO is logging in but I DO NOT WANT to be restricting the pages to a few. What is the best way to prompt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

isset() PHP function in cgi bash scripts

Hi! Some minutes ago I've posted a question related with sed regexps because I need to catch information sended with forms with GET action. This is the post: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127800-regular-expression-sed.html But now I have a new question. Does cgi scripts have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GagleKas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripts - CGI and ssh

Hi Everyone, I started looking at the possibility of making some of our bash scripts available through a web server using CGI and the simple ones works just fine. Now I need to execute remote commands using ssh but can't really get it to work. I got private keys all sorted. Must be ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies
passwd(1openssl)						      OpenSSL							  passwd(1openssl)

NAME
passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1 and its Apache variant apr1 are available. OPTIONS
-crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. EXAMPLES
openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password prints xxj31ZMTZzkVA. openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a.. openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0. OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 passwd(1openssl)