Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Customize CDE
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Customize CDE Post 25508 by RTM on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 10:44:03 AM
Old 07-31-2002
Try going to Sun Docs and doing the search for CDE use. It should then bring up a page for the different CDE Advanced User's and SA guides.

If you can't even get to the first portion, check your cdrom disks - it may be included in there under "Solaris Common Desktop Environment User Answerbook".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

customize my prompt in bash

in csh I was using: set prompt=""$HOSTNAME".tk.\!> " to customize the look of my prompt. I have seen the light after reading the perils of csh scripting and wish to switch to bash. How do I customize my bash prompt??? I've tried many variation of the above w/no success, and searching this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Customize Solaris after default install

Hi, I want to hear some opinions about what you do after installing a basic Solaris8 on sparc. What customizations you do? What you tune? 1.Mirroring disks. 2. ..... 3. ..... etc Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I customize my login script?

Hi, I am realatively new to UNIX (I started 1 week ago), and I need some help on an assignment. I am trying to find the file that will allow me to modify my login. I did some research, and most of my sources tell me to modify the ~/.cshrc and ~/.login files. The problem is that I cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
1 Replies

4. Solaris

customize dtlogin

Hello out there! I'm using dtlogin with my SunRay 2 and SunRay Server Software 4.0. Now I want to customize the look an funcionality of the dtlogin. e.g. disable the Options - Button or change the Helptext. Can anybody give me a hint where to find a good manual for dtlogin or which files I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blang
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to customize cluster during solaris installation?

While performing, solaris 10 U7 interactive initial installation I selected 'End User System Support' software group as below: Select Software ___________________________________________________________ Select the Solaris software to install on the system. NOTE: After selecting a software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
0 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me with customize script.

Hi forum members, I have customize command which is opening in one user and while I am try from my user it is not working and getting the message KSH not found. This command is used to open encrypted file ,this command take arguments file name and option ie plz find the below command. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

9. AIX

Customize Roles - HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to create a new custom role on HMC to manage only one LPAR and few activity on it (START,STOP,CONSOLE). It's possible create this custom role? If yes where i can read something about? Thanks in advance. Bye. Zio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to customize auditd.cron

Hello all, I'm trying to update auditd.cron to force rotate daily and gzip audit.log.1. I will probably then remove anything older that 3 months. The part I don't like about my script right now is the sleep command. It seems that the "/sbin/service auditd rotate" command must use a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdlaforc
2 Replies
sysman_intro(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   sysman_intro(8)

NAME
sysman_intro - Introduction of SysMan applications DESCRIPTION
SysMan is a suite of applications for managing Tru64 UNIX systems. The SysMan applications provide a simple, easy to use, graphical user interface (GUI) for common system management tasks including installation and configuration. When you follow the installation instructions in the Installation Guide, the installation GUI, Installation Setup, is displayed automati- cally. To help you prepare the system for general use, the Tru64 UNIX: System Setup checklist is displayed when you log in as root for the first time after performing an installation. SysMan applications and help are available from the Application Manager (tool drawer) icon on the CDE front panel, or from the SysMan Applications panel above the SysMan Station icon on the root CDE window. For additional information, see the Welcome to SysMan help volume by performing the following procedure: Click on the Application Manager icon (the file drawer) on the CDE front panel. Double click on the System_Admin application group icon. Double click on the Welcome to SysMan icon. If you are not running CDE, but have installed it, you can open the Welcome to Sysman help volume by entering the following sequence of commands at the command line: /bin/sh PATH=$PATH:/usr/dt/bin export PATH DTHELPSEARCHPATH=/usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/%H export DTHELPSEARCH- PATH DTUSERSESSION=${USER}-`uname -n`-0 export DTUSERSESSION dthelpgen -dir $HOME/.dt/help/$DTUSERSESSION dthelpview -helpVolume browser SEE ALSO
Commands: bttape(8), bindconfig(8), diskconfig(8), dxaccounts(8), dxadvfs(8), dxarchiver(8), dxdw(8), dxfileshare(8), dxhosts(8), dxkernel- tuner(8), dxlicenses(8), dxlsm(8), dxpower(8), dxpresto(8), dxproctuner(8), dxshutdown(8), dxsysinfo(8), mailconfig(8), mailusradm(8), net- config(8), nfsconfig(8), printconfig(8), sysman(8), System Administration Release Notes Installation Guide Technical Overview X Window System Administrator's Guide Network Administration Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide CDE Companion Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Programmer's Overview Common Desktop Environment: Programmer's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Help System Author's and Programmer's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Style Guide and Certification Checklist OSF/Motif Style Guide sysman_intro(8)