Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: serial card in SCO Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users serial card in SCO Unix Post 25493 by tennetip on Wednesday 31st of July 2002 09:02:15 AM
Old 07-31-2002
hi there,

i have gone thru ur problem. U can configuration the serial card thru SCO - Admin Menu by using the scoadmin at the prompt or by using mkdev. Once u have configured, u must activate the terminal and set the baudrates. Hope, this could solve ur problem

I am also working in SCO - Unix Environment, Can U tell me what is ur version of SCO. I have drivers software for Specialix Cards(Serial Port), I am using SCO 5.0.4E openserver. if possible i will mail u.

Regards

Durga Prasad Tenneti

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

terminal/port (serial) lock up mystery! SCO 5.0

Sorta new to Unix. great site here. I have SCO server with (5) 16 port Digi-boards and 5 line printers. For 3 years we've had no problems, till now... All of a sudden I get terminals and printers locking up. Killed the PID's for these particular situations. No help. So I disable the tty post... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftn96
10 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix sco 5.0.6 Serial card

Hi guys how r you doing. I have a ISI 4608 is a serial card from multi-tech system, i'm installing it on sco 5.0.6. The driver version that i'm using is VER 3.01. the reason i'm doing this is because i have a APC power supply that works with unix. Ones i do the firts install of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

5. SCO

3c905b network card problem with SCO 5.0.5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I have SCO 5.0.5 installed on a system that I am using 3c905b (3 Com) network card. This system is always powered on. After no certain time period this NIC doesn't work. I can't ping to this system from any other machine or vice... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtALoss
2 Replies

6. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

isa serial port adapter card no longer detectedworking

hi all, i've got an old PC with unix (SCO System V/386 rel. 3.2) on it. Pentium I; 128mb; ISA 2-port RS232 serial adapter card for an oki dot-matrix printer. (no usb, no CD) i've been running an old cobol program to do some invoicing and print reports. some time back i changed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankpky
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto sending text files from SCO box to a PC via serial cable

I have an SCO system with several PC's hooked up via ProComm and serial cabling (no Ethernet). I want to occasionally transfer a small text file from the UNIX system to a specific PC without the PC operator having to do anything (she may be out to lunch or doing other work during the transfer) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbrowne
0 Replies

9. SCO

Problems with network card in SCO

hello, i am new to unix and need support</SPAN></SPAN> </SPAN></SPAN>The problem is: I have a SCO 5.0.5 server, and has no local network access, I think my problem are the drivers for network card. my network card is Kingston EtheRx PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter KNE120TX and already installed the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel_cie
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A

I'm looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A for Solaris. It used to be on sun-solve, but I fail to find it on the Oracle site. Any help would be very appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ira28
1 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						       System Administration						       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [options] device [block-count] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs filesystem on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The block-count parameter is the desired size of the filesystem, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N, --inodes number Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified, some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V, --vname label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F, --fname name Specify the filesystem name. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -c This option is silently ignored. -l This option is silently ignored. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Option -V only works as --version when it is the only option. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 MKFS.BFS(8)