Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris compared to Windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris compared to Windows Post 25179 by RTM on Thursday 25th of July 2002 05:35:59 PM
Old 07-25-2002
Real easy. If you got the interview and you don't lie, you could possibly get the job. Tell them straight up that you don't know but are willing to learn and then tell them what you've learned so far. That is the hard part. Go out and attempt to learn some UNIX by doing a tutorial (like Usail ).

You've only got a week, not enough time for someone to explain the differences between Windows and Solaris (or UNIX for that matter).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Fedora 11 has different date format from logfiles compared to FC 6-10

Hi Gurus, Is there a way to tweak the date format in /var/log/secure (Fedora 11) so that it will have the same date format as in Fedora ver. 6-10. For Fedora 11: 2010-01-24T07:32:03.767801+09:00 jump sshd: Failed password for root from 189.1.164.92 port 47662 ssh2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How much bash to learn compared with Perl?

Hello Everyone! I am somewhat new to Unix command line and don't have much experience to input on the matter so I wanted to gather some opinion's from people who have been down the road already. Currently, I am going through a book by John Muster called "Unix Made Easy". I have gone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I include the file being compared into calculation?

nawk -F, 'NR==FNR{file=FILENAME;a++;next} a{if(FILENAME~file)next;b++;} END{ for(i in a){if(a && !b){print "NEW: "i}} for(i in b){if(b)print i"\t\t"b}}' OFS=, 123.csv *.csv I need to include 123.csv into the equation for the total output currently it compares whatever is on 123.csv against... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
27 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the new fail compared with file1

file1: A pass B fail E pass file2: B pass A fail E pass if from file2 introduced new failure then, print failure It should print: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between dates compared with number

Hi, I have date format like 09/08/115(Format : date +%m%d%1y) and i want to differentiate this date with current date and output of difference will compare with a number like if ; then commands else exit fi how can i do that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is html code read, compared to say python?

so, the first line of bash, perl, python, ruby, and similar languages must contain the path to the interpreter...i.e. #!/bin/perl, or #!/bin/python. so in the case of a perl script, for instance, a perl script cannot and will never run if the perl program is not installed/present on the system. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)