Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers why the PATH can not be set correctly? Post 25042 by auswipe on Tuesday 23rd of July 2002 10:09:49 PM
Old 07-23-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by peter.herlihy

** O h I see auswipe has beaten me to it! **
Aha!

While you were down under (or at least off the coast of down under) I was on top of things! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't set locale correctly

When a user connects via ssh to one of out Sun V120 boxes the following message is displayed. "couldn't set locale correctly" The .profile has the following line # @(#)local.profile 1.6 98/02/06 SMI stty istrip stty erase ^H So I put a set -x in the .profile and re sourced it and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mattd
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh2: .profile not set correctly

When logging into solaris box through ssh, my profile does not get set correctly and I'm presented with the default ksh prompt "$". When logging in through telnet, everything is set correctly. Is there a special profile that sshd runs? ssh2: F-Secure SSH 2.4.0 (build 15) on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the public keys up correctly for a migration from an HP-UNIX server to I

I am getting the error message "Permission denied (publickey). lost connection" when I attempt to do an scp migration. I know how to generate the public keys in both IIS and UNIX, and I believe they are both suppose to have the same public key - but where are they each suppose to be stored (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whs2k
1 Replies

4. Solaris

hi All, I'm using sun OS 5.10. All locales are set to en_US.ISO8859-1 in /etc/profile/init file. I'm using one functional user.When I tried to "sesu - functionalUser",its giving me error like "Couldn't set locale correctly".In functional user profile i'm tring to set locales to en_US.After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kathraji
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Hello, I have a recently configured machine that when log into it as a user or remotely as root it displays "Couldn't set locale correctly" When I type locale it displays the below which is wrong compared to other machines LC_CTYPE="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_COLLATE="C"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
7 Replies

6. Solaris

couldn't set locale correctly

Dear All, I Have problem at my console (Ultra 24, solaris 10 x86), when i type dmesg always come out : like this You have new mail. root@console # bash root@console # dmesg couldn't set locale correctly couldn't set locale correctly So how to fix it...? Best Regards simbah (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
3 Replies

7. Solaris

LC_ALL & LANG are set OK, but others couldn't set locale correctly.

Hi, I have a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) installed, by default with the en_AU.UTF-8 locale. I want to change it to en_US.UTF-8 With AU, I have no issues whatsoever, so I installed the language package and now locale -a shows "en_US.UTF-8". Problem is even with LC_ALL set in etc/default/init, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path set

Something changed on my unix box. Now when I log in it is showing entire path. It used to show only $ prompt before. I know I need to do something in .profile to show only $ prompt Could you please tell me what I should do, to show only $ prompt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies

10. SCO

Set NIC correctly , but the network does not work

I'm trying to virtualize an instance of SCO Open Server 5.0.2c in VirtualBox (called VM- A) , I can not configure the network (NIC). The NIC I'm using is PCnet -FAST III (Am79C973 ) (this NIC works with VirtualBox + SCO 5.0.5M) When I add from ' Add new LAN adapter' I detects the NIC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
2 Replies
STATFS(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 STATFS(2)

NAME
statfs, fstatfs - get file system statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vfs.h> int statfs(const char *path, struct statfs *buf); int fstatfs(int fd, struct statfs *buf); DESCRIPTION
statfs returns information about a mounted file system. path is the path name of any file within the mounted filesystem. buf is a pointer to a statfs structure defined as follows: struct statfs { long f_type; /* type of filesystem (see below) */ long f_bsize; /* optimal transfer block size */ long f_blocks; /* total data blocks in file system */ long f_bfree; /* free blocks in fs */ long f_bavail; /* free blocks avail to non-superuser */ long f_files; /* total file nodes in file system */ long f_ffree; /* free file nodes in fs */ fsid_t f_fsid; /* file system id */ long f_namelen; /* maximum length of filenames */ long f_spare[6]; /* spare for later */ }; File system types: linux/affs_fs.h: AFFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xADFF linux/efs_fs.h: EFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x00414A53 linux/ext_fs.h: EXT_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137D linux/ext2_fs.h: EXT2_OLD_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF51 EXT2_SUPER_MAGIC 0xEF53 linux/hpfs_fs.h: HPFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0xF995E849 linux/iso_fs.h: ISOFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9660 linux/minix_fs.h: MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x137F /* orig. minix */ MINIX_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x138F /* 30 char minix */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x2468 /* minix V2 */ MINIX2_SUPER_MAGIC2 0x2478 /* minix V2, 30 char names */ linux/msdos_fs.h: MSDOS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x4d44 linux/ncp_fs.h: NCP_SUPER_MAGIC 0x564c linux/nfs_fs.h: NFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x6969 linux/proc_fs.h: PROC_SUPER_MAGIC 0x9fa0 linux/smb_fs.h: SMB_SUPER_MAGIC 0x517B linux/sysv_fs.h: XENIX_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B4 SYSV4_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B5 SYSV2_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B6 COH_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FF7B7 linux/ufs_fs.h: UFS_MAGIC 0x00011954 linux/xfs_fs.h: XFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x58465342 linux/xia_fs.h: _XIAFS_SUPER_MAGIC 0x012FD16D Fields that are undefined for a particular file system are set to 0. fstatfs returns the same information about an open file referenced by descriptor fd. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
For statfs: ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of path is not a directory. ENAMETOOLONG path is too long. ENOENT The file referred to by path does not exist. EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating path. EFAULT Buf or path points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOMEM Insufficient kernel memory was available. ENOSYS The filesystem path is on does not support statfs. For fstatfs: EBADF fd is not a valid open file descriptor. EFAULT buf points to an invalid address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. ENOSYS The filesystem fd is open on does not support statfs. CONFORMING TO
The Linux statfs was inspired by the 4.4BSD one (but they do not use the same structure). SEE ALSO
stat(2) Linux 2.0.30 1997-08-21 STATFS(2)