Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands Post 23681 by skammer on Thursday 27th of June 2002 08:05:05 AM
Old 06-27-2002
Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email in unix. need help!

how can I send an email in UNIX, attach a file and cc a receipient? i use the command below to attach a file (this works): uuencode path/filename filename | mailx -s "subject" addr@host.com here is how i cc a receipient (this also works): i have a file named cc.lis and contains: Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending attachments via unix

Hi, I need to send a mail attachment from the UNIX commandline. I'm using Tru64 and the mail client thats supposed receive the attached file (an excel sheet) is Lotus Notes. Can anybody help me out? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix

Hi, I am using mailx command to send mail through Unix. But I am able to send mail only within my domain. If i want to send mail to some other server, it's not working. Like say If I want to send mail to someone on gmail or yahoo it's not working. but it's working fine within my company domain.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anki_1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from Unix

I am using the following syntax to send an e-mail from Unix (Sun OS). mail -s "hello" abc@yahoo.com But, when I click enter after typing this command, its not exiting and after a while when I give ctrl+c it creates a dead.letter file in my $HOME dir. Can anyone please tell me, if I have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachments via unix

OS Linux....Just curious as to why this is not working... uuencode test.txt "test.xls"|mailx -r xxx@server.com -s "validation report" emailrecipient1,emailrecipient2 Please help....Any other options do we need to use?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending e-mail from unix

Hello, I want to send an email from unix. I tried following commands: mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com < echo_manish and echo "Testing Mail" | mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com but in both the commands nothing is happening. I mean it is neither giving any error nor I am receiving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in UNIX

can you tell me what is the syntax if I need to keep someone in cc with the below email. mailx -s "shell script completed successfully" arun@gmail.com < /dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
SOCKSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       SOCKSTAT(1)

NAME
sockstat -- list open sockets SYNOPSIS
sockstat [-46clnu] [-f address_family] [-p ports] DESCRIPTION
The sockstat command lists open Internet or UNIX domain sockets. The following options are available: -4 Show AF_INET (IPv4) sockets. -6 Show AF_INET6 (IPv6) sockets. -c Show connected sockets. -f address_family Limit listed sockets to those of the specified address_family. The following address families are recognized: inet, for AF_INET; inet6, for AF_INET6; and local or unix, for AF_LOCAL. -l Show listening sockets. -n Numeric output only. No attempt will be made to look up symbolic names for addresses and ports. -p ports Only show Internet sockets if either the local or foreign port number is on the specified list. The ports argument is a comma- separated list of port numbers and ranges specified as first and last port separated by a dash. -u Show AF_LOCAL (UNIX) sockets. If neither -4, -6, nor -u are specified, sockstat will list sockets in all three domains. If neither -c nor -l are specified, sockstat will list both listening and connected sockets, as well as those sockets that are in neither state. The information listed for each socket is: USER The user who owns the socket. COMMAND The command which holds the socket. PID The process ID of the command which holds the socket. FD The file descriptor number of the socket. PROTO The transport protocol associated with the socket for Internet sockets, or the type of socket (stream, seqpacket or data- gram) for UNIX sockets. LOCAL ADDRESS For Internet sockets, this is the address to which the local end of the socket is bound (see getsockname(2)). For bound UNIX sockets, it is the socket's filename or ``-''. FOREIGN ADDRESS The address to which the foreign end of the socket is bound (see getpeername(2)) or ``-'' for unconnected UNIX sockets. SEE ALSO
fstat(1), netstat(1), inet(4), inet6(4), unix(4) HISTORY
The sockstat command appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. It was then rewritten for NetBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This version of the sockstat command was written by Andrew Brown <atatat@NetBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> and was adapted to match the NetBSD implementation by Andrew Brown <atatat@NetBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2006 BSD