Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Oracle Track
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Oracle Track Post 22343 by linuxpenguin on Saturday 1st of June 2002 01:17:02 AM
Old 06-01-2002
Re: Unix Oracle Track

Hi dear,

If you have all that zeal and if you have all the reources (books and a comp with unix/linux installed then i really dont think that you should really join any class. and again you also have unix.xom at your help Smilie

so bon voyage

penguin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix + Oracle

Hello people, at the moment, I have a database server running HP-UX and Oracle. From time to time, I need to extract data from oracle, and then do some data management (Awk, sed) within unix. At the moment, what I do is to copy the output from my oracle query and then paste into a file on another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Oracle

Through a shell script ... I am invoking sql plus.. Code is as follows... echo " set feedback off verify off pagesize 0 select column from table " | sqlplus -s/@dbname | read var_col Now if oracle throws an exception for above select statement ...then how can i catch it ?... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Track changes to Oracle table

Hi, I'm trying to write a program with unix shell scripting to track the changes of a particular table in the Oracle database. I've try reading up on sql TRIGGER function, but I'm not sure if its feasible here. Any idea what kind of syntax should I use to track the changes in the table? Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mervinboyz
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to track the modification history on file in unix

How do we track the modification history on a file in UNIX. IS there any command or any script that we could run. Many Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSPDaemon
5 Replies

8. Programming

Oracle/UNIX

How do you combine the two language. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)