Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Options for csh shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Options for csh shell Post 21745 by luiz_fer10 on Wednesday 22nd of May 2002 08:38:20 AM
Old 05-22-2002
Complementing ...

I want to use the command "set prompt=..."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding -options to shell scripts

I'm sure this is something simple I am overlooking somehow. I'd like the ability to pass -options into my shell scripts. For example my file called "input.sh" I can do the following: root# ./input.sh 1 and it will result: root#./input.sh 1 You passed me a 1 Just like an init script, etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different shell csh bash

I'm always having to work in the cshell, but occasionally want to run a command using bash. is that possible? I know I could write a shell script and call bash at the begining with #!/usr/bin/bash and then my command, is there another way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding options to a shell script

I want to add options to my shell script but having problems, my code so far is; #!/bin/bash lflag= iflag= while getopts 'l:i:' OPTION do case $OPTION in l) lflag=1 lval="$OPTARG" ;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke options automatically

i have a script which has 2 options. a b And a has 6 sub options. i want to write a script which will call the parent script and give options automatically. examle: linasplg11:/opt/ss/kk/01.00/bin # startup.sh /opt/ss/rdm/01.00 Please select the component to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filenames in CSH shell

Hi, I am running into a bit of a problem. I am trying to write a script that will run an interactive (fortran) program repeatedly to dump data across 36 data channels... anyway. I have gotten this far... #!/bin/csh set i=0 while ($i<2) fitsfilter $1<<EOF $i 0 9 1 1 g 2 1250 -100... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madtowneast
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script options

one thing i was trying to figure out is if you can give people the option to choose what they want to do in a shell script. for example, let's just say that you have a simple shell script to install a couple of programs, can you make it to where you can press a certain key to install a certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script with options

Hi All I am little bit confused to write a script. This script needs the options like unix commands i.e. –S to start process. –C to check process. -u : user -p : password like. script should run like this ./script.sh -u username -p ***** -S processname there may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding c-shell (csh) scripting

Hi, I'm reading a csh setup script, and came across these lines: ################################ if (! $?PROJECT_ROOT) then setenv PROJECT_ROOT /proj/proj_123 endif ################################ Does the if endif command means, "if there is no variable named "PROJECT_ROOT",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
XZMORE(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZMORE(1)

NAME
xzmore, lzmore - view xz or lzma compressed (text) files SYNOPSIS
xzmore [filename ...] lzmore [filename ...] DESCRIPTION
xzmore is a filter which allows examination of xz(1) or lzma(1) compressed text files one screenful at a time on a soft-copy terminal. To use a pager other than the default more, set environment variable PAGER to the name of the desired program. The name lzmore is provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. e or q When the prompt --More--(Next file: file) is printed, this command causes xzmore to exit. s When the prompt --More--(Next file: file) is printed, this command causes xzmore to skip the next file and continue. For list of keyboard commands supported while actually viewing the content of a file, refer to manual of the pager you use, usually more(1). SEE ALSO
more(1), xz(1), xzless(1), zmore(1) Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZMORE(1)