Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix toolkit for VB
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix toolkit for VB Post 21697 by Perderabo on Tuesday 21st of May 2002 02:24:23 PM
Old 05-21-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by auswipe
It is generally considered polite to keep questions in the originating thread instead of branching off questions into new threads. That way, other forum visitors can see the entire thought process from initial problem to final solution.
It looked like he accidently started a second thread and then copied his response to the original thread. I have merged the threads.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Globus Toolkit 4

Hello! I'm trying to install the Globus Toolkit 4 on a Fedora 8 system. The instructions I'm using to do so can be found here: Chapter 1. 4.0.x quickstart I'm at the Certificate Authorities point where I am supposed to sign the certificate though, and I'm having a bit of trouble that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curtor
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Navigation Toolkit for BASH

UNIX Forum, Please see the latest version of my navigation toolkit for BASH. The project web-page on SourceForge can found here: Bash Navigator Home Page (SourceForge) I would appreciate any input you might have. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlandon@usa.net
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Jass Toolkit 4.2

I have Jass Toolkit 4.2 for Solaris 10. If I run #jass-execute -d secure.driver and then enable certain services which were disabled by jass, such as ssh, how do I incorporate those changes to jass so that when i rerun jass-execute secure-driver, it does not complain. Any suggestions please,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me please(HTK toolkit)

Unfortunately, I do not metrizable much English, but I have a big problem on programming using HTK, precisely because the command Hrest after having run this statement, an error appeared, the vFloors is illegible, although that it is the result of the command Hcompv. I would like to help me find:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mawahib
0 Replies

5. Programming

Openmotif toolkit!

I'm using ubuntu 9.10 as OS and i installed a toolkit of widgets: openmotif. The packages are: libmotif3, libx11-dev, libxp-dev, libxt-dev, x-dev. How can I compile a program including the MOTIF toolkit? I tried: gcc <my_file.c> -L /usr/lib/ It doesn't work I don't know very much the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Message passing toolkit

Hello, Has somebody download it before oracle deleted from support section? I tried dl it from: oracle.com/us/products/tools/message-passing-toolkit-070499.html Oracle Message Passing Toolkit but: section decommissioned. Same in support and edelivery I phoned to oracle support and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: time0ut
2 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)