Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH and file prng_seed
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SSH and file prng_seed Post 21463 by bez on Thursday 16th of May 2002 12:58:33 PM
Old 05-16-2002
PRNG_SEED is used by ssh to create random keys to encrypt data.

A better solution is to use a /dev/random device. This uses an entropy gathering mechanism which creates random numbers which are very difficult to predict.

If you're running Solaris 8 you can install patch 112438 which will create the /dev/random device.

For 2.6 and 7 you need to install SUNWski.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create a prng_seed file?

Hi all, I've just installed egd ssh zlib and ssl on a server: $ uname -a SunOS su214tos 5.8 Generic_108528-11 sun4d sparc SUNW,SPARCserver-1000 When i want to execute the /usr/local/sbin/sshd, i get the following: PRNG is not seeded... How do i seed the PRNG? Thanx Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file //.ssh/prng_seed is not a regular file

Hi all... On all of my solaris servers (5.5.1,5.6,5.7,5.8 and one 5.9) i get this error message: sshd: fatal: PRNG seedfile //.ssh/prng_seed is not a regular file... Knowing that i have no way to recompile correctly the sources, how can i fix this problem? I'm using openssh, openssl, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy file through ssh

Dear friends, i am new to this field, i need help i want to copy file from ser-a to ser-b but in middle 3 gateway servers are there. how to scp the file from ser-a to ser-b. Thanx Regards tikka (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikka123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH : File transfer

We have tow servers.One Linux server (A) and one unix server (B). How can i set up so that files can be sftped from A to B. Please let me know the steps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file using SSH

My problem solved thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh config file

Hello all I have question regarding the id_dsa keys and authorized_keys file in .ssh directory. I know if we try to SFTP, id_dsa.pub file on server1 will be verified with contents of authorized_keys on other server and SFTP will happen once verification passes. No i want to use id_dsa1.pub... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat a file across ssh?

There is a file on a remote host that I want to read across an ssh tunnel. NOT copy... scp won't work here. And this file requires elevated permissions to read. 'ssh -t remotehost sudo cat /path/to/file' will prompt me for my sudo password and read out the file. But I'm coming up blank for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH password from file

Hi Admin I'm trying to execute on a script which in my production server. The production server has to phase login. First, we need to login to a Taxi server by opening a putty session from there we need to login to production server. Both servers using same LDAP id so I am able to login with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists via ssh in ssh (nested)

I'm using redhat and have an odd issue with a nested ssh call. ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key -q transfer@fserver1 ] && ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key transfer@fserver1 "ssh -i ~/.ssh/sftp-key sftpin@10.0.0.1 ]" && ssh -i ~/.ssh/transfer-key transfer@fserver1 "scp -i ~/.ssh/sftp-key /home/S/outbox/*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)