Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Installing XFREE86 4.2 question Post 20629 by helpme2 on Tuesday 30th of April 2002 03:02:07 PM
Old 04-30-2002
Hi there auswipe...

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll give it another try.

I will install the base FREEBSD 4.5 first then install
XFREE86 4.2 after and see if I can configure it to
run KDE 3.0 or not. If I encounter problem...
U folksss will be the first to be bother by me Smilie

Thanks
helpme2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xfree86 configuration

I've been trying to configure XFree86, and the first times that I have, it will only run at 320x? resolution.. I have an ATI card, and I've tried using the /stand/sysinstall graphical configuration method, and I've tried xf86config as well, both render the same results. that was before i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adn
3 Replies

2. Programming

XFree86

So where do we post questions about developing for X? Or do we just not do that here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

XFREE86 4.2 question

Hi folkss... I just install Freebsd 4.5 mini disk which install only the core FREEBSD system nothing else. I then want to install KDE 3.0 so I install XFREE86 4.2 and I installed both of these programs successfully with pkg_add "filename.tgz" I also install wrapper.tgz for "startx"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helpme2
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling XFRee86 4.2.0

i am currently trying to compile XFree86 under redhat 7.3. i am used to ./configure make make install, but i know that xfree86 is very different. what are the basic steps for building it. i already have read the documentation, but it wasn't of much help. it was erroring out on the imake. i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: choasforages
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X.Org and XFree86

X.Org just released a new version of their X (X11R6.7). Besides Liscense stuff, what is better about X.org then XFree? What is better about XFree then X.org? Also: Will my fglrx (ATI) or nvidia drivers (designed for XFree86 4.3) work on X.org? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: punkrockguy318
2 Replies

6. BSD

again XFree86

hi everybody i installed FreeBSD 5.x on a box with a video card Diamond SpeedStar A90 and a Fujitsu Siemens Monitor B772-1 when i do "startx" it gives me something like this: fatal error: no devices detected no screen detected i'm lost...i don't know what to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
3 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris8 x86 installing question,thanks

when i installed solaris8 x86 to my computer,the step of partition,I see a overlap patition i do not know what the partition can be use,and which step on install os can set the root user name and password,I read sun doc for solaris 8 installed doc,it refer to when you completely installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnyos
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing APACHE - simple question

Ok, this may be a simple question, but I am unable to find an answer. I am trying to install apache 2.2 on a Solaris 9 box (sparc). I downloaded it from sunfreeware, and under /usr/local/apache2/doc/apache2/INSTALL they describe the installing procedure as: $ ./configure --prefix=PREFIX ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
4 Replies

9. Fedora

newbie question and problem installing basemap

Hi, Bit of a newbie question first. I have fedora installed as a partition on a lenovo G570 laptop. When I type uname -a I get, Linux David 3.2.6-3.fc16.i686 #1 SMP Mon Feb 13 20:52:22 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux the man page tells me this is sysname = Linux nodename = David ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Question about installing Cinnamon in Ubuntu

Hi, If I install Cinnamon according to the instruction in the following link: Ubuntu + Cinnamon - A good idea? No. A great one. will I still have unity, and will I still be able to choose unity when my ubuntu will start? Thank in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:48 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies
Graph::Easy::Layout(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Graph::Easy::Layout(3pm)

NAME
Graph::Easy::Layout - Layout the graph from Graph::Easy SYNOPSIS
use Graph::Easy; my $graph = Graph::Easy->new(); my $bonn = Graph::Easy::Node->new( name => 'Bonn', ); my $berlin = Graph::Easy::Node->new( name => 'Berlin', ); $graph->add_edge ($bonn, $berlin); $graph->layout(); print $graph->as_ascii( ); # prints: # +------+ +--------+ # | Bonn | --> | Berlin | # +------+ +--------+ DESCRIPTION
"Graph::Easy::Layout" contains just the actual layout code for Graph::Easy. METHODS
"Graph::Easy::Layout" injects the following methods into the "Graph::Easy" namespace: layout() $graph->layout(); Layout the actual graph. _assign_ranks() $graph->_assign_ranks(); Used by "layout()" to assign each node a rank, so they can be sorted and grouped on these. _optimize_layout Used by "layout()" to optimize the layout as a last step. EXPORT
Exports nothing. SEE ALSO
Graph::Easy. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2004 - 2008 by Tels <http://bloodgate.com> See the LICENSE file for information. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-23 Graph::Easy::Layout(3pm)