Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows section?!?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Windows section?!? Post 19429 by Neo on Thursday 11th of April 2002 09:28:54 AM
Old 04-11-2002
Agreed... and if windows users feel like they are not important when they try to move to a more robust operating environment, like unix, they might have trouble making the mental evolution.

Hopefully the new description addresses PxT's and your concerns.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

What are the chances of possibly posting some of the more common how-to type stuff for the newbies so we can avoid the repititious stuff that appears every other day? Not so much like a Q&A forum, but more like a reference area for the mundane stuff. Beyond searching the forum, I think people... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Section

Just like we have a section "Unix for dummies..." , why not have a section on UNIX BACKUP AND RECOVERY Thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

Hi Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested. While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created. For example I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies