Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Internet Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Internet Solaris Post 19104 by CreamHarry on Friday 5th of April 2002 04:25:59 PM
Old 04-05-2002
Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8

I have cable and Solaris 8 (Intel Ver.) and a Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet NIC How do I connect to the internet? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

4. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet

Hello! I'm having trouble getting this to work so I ask kindly if I can get some help to get it to work, please :). I installed Solaris 10 (nov 06) on a laptop and I been trying to get it to connect to the router (wired connection) and it doesn't work. I have a 2wire 2700HG router that has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RemoL
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can go out to internet

I am using Solaris 10 for a Desktop OS , also router has been configured to connect to the net , but error 404 is coming always. :eek: I add new gateway bout that did not worked , so guessing I need to add DNS but where .:D (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
SNMPTRANSLATE(1)						     Net-SNMP							  SNMPTRANSLATE(1)

NAME
snmptranslate - translate MIB OID names between numeric and textual forms SYNOPSIS
snmptranslate [OPTIONS] OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmptranslate is an application that translates one or more SNMP object identifier values from their symbolic (textual) forms into their numerical forms (or vice versa). OID is either a numeric or textual object identifier. OPTIONS
-D[TOKEN[,...]] Turn on debugging output for the given TOKEN(s). Try ALL for extremely verbose output. -h Display a brief usage message and then exit. -m MIBLIST Specifies a colon separated list of MIB modules to load for this application. This overrides the environment variable MIBS. The special keyword ALL is used to specify all modules in all directories when searching for MIB files. Every file whose name does not begin with "." will be parsed as if it were a MIB file. -M DIRLIST Specifies a colon separated list of directories to search for MIBs. This overrides the environment variable MIBDIRS. -T TRANSOPTS Provides control over the translation of the OID values. The following TRANSOPTS are available: -Td Print full details of the specified OID. -Tp Print a graphical tree, rooted at the specified OID. -Ta Dump the loaded MIB in a trivial form. -Tl Dump a labeled form of all objects. -To Dump a numeric form of all objects. -Ts Dump a symbolic form of all objects. -Tt Dump a tree form of the loaded MIBs (mostly useful for debugging). -Tz Dump a numeric and labeled form of all objects (compatible with MIB2SCHEMA format). -V Display version information for the application and then exit. -w WIDTH Specifies the width of -Tp and -Td output. The default is very large. In addition to the above options, snmptranslate takes the OID input (-I), MIB parsing (-M) and OID output (-O) options described in the INPUT OPTIONS, MIB PARSING OPTIONS and OUTPUT OPTIONS sections of the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLES
o snmptranslate -On -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDescr" to a more qualified form: system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Onf -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" to: .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Td -OS system.sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" into: SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr sysDescr OBJECT-TYPE -- FROM SNMPv2-MIB -- TEXTUAL CONVENTION DisplayString SYNTAX OCTET STRING (0..255) DISPLAY-HINT "255a" MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A textual description of the entity. This value should include the full name and version identification of the system's hardware type, software operating-system, and networking software." ::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) mgmt(2) mib-2(1) system(1) 1 } o snmptranslate -Tp -OS system will print the following tree: +--system(1) | +-- -R-- String sysDescr(1) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- ObjID sysObjectID(2) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysUpTime(3) +-- -RW- String sysContact(4) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysName(5) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysLocation(6) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- Integer sysServices(7) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORLastChange(8) | Textual Convention: TimeStamp | +--sysORTable(9) | +--sysOREntry(1) | +-- ---- Integer sysORIndex(1) +-- -R-- ObjID sysORID(2) +-- -R-- String sysORDescr(3) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORUpTime(4) Textual Convention: TimeStamp o snmptranslate -Ta | head will produce the following dump: dump DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN org ::= { iso 3 } dod ::= { org 6 } internet ::= { dod 1 } directory ::= { internet 1 } mgmt ::= { internet 2 } experimental ::= { internet 3 } private ::= { internet 4 } security ::= { internet 5 } snmpV2 ::= { internet 6 } o snmptranslate -Tl | head will produce the following dump: .iso(1).org(3) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).directory(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysDescr(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysObjectID(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysUpTime(3) o snmptranslate -To | head will produce the following dump .1.3 .1.3.6 .1.3.6.1 .1.3.6.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 o snmptranslate -Ts | head will produce the following dump .iso.org .iso.org.dod .iso.org.dod.internet .iso.org.dod.internet.directory .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysObjectID .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime o snmptranslate -Tt | head will produce the following dump org(3) type=0 dod(6) type=0 internet(1) type=0 directory(1) type=0 mgmt(2) type=0 mib-2(1) type=0 system(1) type=0 sysDescr(1) type=2 tc=4 hint=255a sysObjectID(2) type=1 sysUpTime(3) type=8 SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), variables(5), RFC 2578-2580. V5.6 20 Jul 2010 SNMPTRANSLATE(1)