Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: trouble using mailx command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting trouble using mailx command Post 18769 by inpavan on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 04:52:29 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Try using 'mail' or /usr/lib/sendmail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Trouble formatting egrep command with AWK

Hi, I'm new to scripting and AIX. I'm running the following: lspv | awk '{ print "lspv",$1" | egrep 'PP\|PHYSICAL'; lspv -l",$1 }' Which creates this command: lspv hdisk0 | egrep PP|PHYSICAL; lspv -l hdisk0 lspv hdisk1 | egrep PP|PHYSICAL; lspv -l hdisk1 Troube is, I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble with flex command in makefile

Hey all, im trying to create a makefile in unix. cpp2html is a program created from the files cpp2html.o and lex.yy.o. cpp2html.o is created from compiling cpp2html.c and lex.yy.o is created from another created file lex.yy.c. and lex.yy.c is created from a command "flex cppscanner.l" and here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble with the Source command..

Hi everyone, I've been writing a script as an assignment which essentially does the exact same thing as the tree -d function (bash shell btw), except next to every directory name it gives a number which you can input into the same command in order to change the current working directory to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petey22uk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble executing a command in csh

Hi All!! I am having trouble in executing the following command into a c-shell script. mv "$file" "$(head -1 "$file")" The funny thing is that the same command works perfectly from the command line, but when incorporated into a "foreach loop" of a c-shell script, it shows an error -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command pipeline trouble

Hello, I am attempting to ssh to a server and run a set of commands on a remote set of servers. I am getting the following error below, I am thinking quotes may be the problem. This command works on the local machine in bash. Not when I ssh to a remote server. Basically the command should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with awk command

Hi, I need to read a string with ; separated using loop one filed by one field and perform some operation. Can you please check and let me know how to print command parameterised. key=phani;ravi;kiran number_of_keys=`echo $key|awk '{print NF}' FS=';'` for (( i = 1; i <= $number_of_keys;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with variable and command assignment

I have a section of a script where I want to check a log file for a certain oracle error and if there is only one error (and it is ORA-39152) then I want to email that script is complete. Otherwise email failure and log. Somehow with this while the log only has one error and it is ORA-39152, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cougartrace
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble using awk command

Hi, I have 2 .txt pads containing data. I need a script which reads content of one .txt file, performs some operations and calculates a number which is stored in a variable. Now , all the content of another .txt pad should be appended to first .txt pad at pre calculated nth line number. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk trouble inside another command

I tried running this. dsh -w server1 'lsof /audit | awk '{ print $2 }'' It did not like above so I tried to escape the single parenthesis at the end. dsh -w server1 'lsof /audit | awk '{ print $2 }\'' It then hung so I changed up the parenthesis to this. This worked. dsh -w server1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
biff(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   biff(1)

NAME
biff - Notifies users when mail arrives SYNOPSIS
biff [y | n] DESCRIPTION
The biff command informs the system whether you want to be notified when mail arrives during the current terminal session. The following command enables notification: biff y The following command disables notification: biff n When mail notification is enabled, the From: and Subject: header lines and up to the first five lines of the message are displayed. The total display is 560 characters, or seven lines terminated by newline characters, whichever occurs first. The biff y command is often included in the $HOME/.login or $HOME/.profile file to be executed each time you log in. The biff command operates asynchronously. For synchronous notification, use the MAIL variable of sh or ksh, or the mail variable of csh. EXAMPLES
To display the current setting, enter: biff To be notified during the current terminal session whenever mail arrives, enter the following in your $HOME/.login or $HOME/.profile file: biff y FILES
Read by login shell (after login. User profile. SEE ALSO
Commands: comsat(8), csh(1), ksh(1), mail(1), mailx(1), Bourne Shell sh(1b), POSIX Shell sh(1p) biff(1)