Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux? Post 18718 by sensir163 on Tuesday 2nd of April 2002 10:24:29 AM
Old 04-02-2002
Data Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux?

But the page "http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/tlc61/node60.html" says it can.Why ?What can i do?
Help me !
Thanks a lot!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed 's/~/\^J/g' how to get "^J" on same line as rest of the command.

when ever i type it in it always looks like so echo $file | sed 's/~/\ /g' how can i get it on one line? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i don't understand the "sort" command

i have been trying to understand this chapter titled "Searching for Files and Text" for a few weeks now. unfortunately, this chapter is one of those things, that no matter how hard you try and how long you try for, you are incapable of understanding (at least in my case) this entire chapter,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to make "tab" key in mksnt tool kit case sensitive?

I am using MKS Toolkit on windows7, i observed that when i use "tab" key to complete a file/dir name converts into lower case. Eg: I am having a directory named "Dir1", note "D" is in caps. In unix if i had tried pressing "d" and "<tab>" resulted in no result. However in mksnt toolkit, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed "Command line google translation tool"

This tool for access translate.google.com from terminal and English dictionary. main mirror https://github.com/Anoncheg1/Command-line-translator mirror Google translate from command line and some more features - Pastebin.com requirements: bash, cURL, SpiderMonkey, forvo.com account for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 654321
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)