Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for? Post 18154 by Kanu77 on Monday 25th of March 2002 07:42:02 AM
Old 03-25-2002
Question OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for?

Just saw this OEM abbreviation during installation of Solaris 8.

I'm curious to know what the letters stand for and what OEM actually is.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No stand-by, keep on

How do you or what is the setup to keep the (server) up from shutting down? It is not server yet but it might very likely become to serve few clients. But, once I get in in the morning its off. It's Sparc, Solaris 8 and I would like to keep it running over night but once it is not attended it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
2 Replies

2. Solaris

OpenBoot OEM Logo

If you have a graphic display you see some sort of logo in OpenBoot immediately after a reset or when you run the banner command. With most systems, you see a spiffy multicolor logo generated by a routine on the video card. But if you have a low-rent video card you just see a plain monochrome Sun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

abbreviation vi

hi all, i want to write a script using vi editor ...the problem is given below... Set the abbreviation for “Infosys Technologies Limited” as ITL and list it. Type ITL in the insert mode and check whether the ITL is getting substituted by “Infosys Technologies Limited” ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is the meaning of the nu abbreviation in vi

Does anyone know what nu stands for in vi? That is so much easier to remember then number and nonumber for line numbers. Show Line Numbers In vim Text Editor, Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
DWARF_GET_ABBREV_CODE(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  DWARF_GET_ABBREV_CODE(3)

NAME
dwarf_get_abbrev_code -- retrieve the abbreviation code for an abbreviation LIBRARY
DWARF Access Library (libdwarf, -ldwarf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libdwarf.h> int dwarf_get_abbrev_code(Dwarf_Abbrev abbrev, Dwarf_Unsigned *ret, Dwarf_Error *err); DESCRIPTION
Function dwarf_get_abbrev_code() retrieves the abbreviation code for the abbreviation entry descriptor referenced by argument abbrev. Argument ret should point to a location which will hold the returned abbreviation code. If argument err is not NULL, it will be used to store error information in case of an error. RETURN VALUES
Function dwarf_get_abbrev_code() returns DW_DLV_OK when it succeeds. In case of an error, it returns DW_DLV_ERROR and sets the argument err. ERRORS
Function dwarf_get_abbrev_code() can fail with: [DW_DLE_ARGUMENT] Either of arguments abbrev or ret was NULL. SEE ALSO
dwarf(3), dwarf_get_abbrev(3), dwarf_get_abbrev_tag(3), dwarf_get_abbrev_children_flag(3), dwarf_get_abbrev_entry(3) BSD
March 13, 2011 BSD