Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to access ports in UNIX
Special Forums Cybersecurity how to access ports in UNIX Post 17946 by lnrgs on Thursday 21st of March 2002 11:15:41 AM
Old 03-21-2002
MySQL to know about ports

Please refer unix network programming by Richerd Stevens

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix

Hi, I'm new to the boards and don't know all that much about unix either. I do have quite a specific question though and i hope someone can help me with it... i'm going crazy...i've been trying to set up a wacom tablet on my unix box. i've don't it before but it was taken away and the os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salwey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports In Unix

Please could some one tell me how to open a port in unix or to check if a port is open. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bountyhunter
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Allowing access to ports < 1024 w/o root

I need to set up an application to run in a script which will be running as a web server but is a database. I need to allow users to use the web server but the app must be run as root in order for the ports to be accessible. This is not a very secure environment would like to know how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix process that frees ports

Hello, I know that there is a unix system process that checks periodically the ports and if it finds any zombies then it frees them (the period is set by a kernel parameter). Can anyone tell me the name of the process and the kernel parameter ? Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyCats
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP slow access though certain ports

hi, I'm currently running with an issue whereby we are experiencing very poor access speeds to our Informix database. Connections or requests to the DB are taking in excess of 2/3/4 minutes during peek periods during the day. This has only just started to happen but so far we have been unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastyan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the list of open ports in unix?

Hi, what is the unix command to get the list of all open ports in unix? Thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zainab
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Non-root user access to privileged ports-Solaris 8

Please let me know how to setup a non-root user to be able to access a privileged port (<1024) on Solaris 8. I am currently running tomcat as "tomcat" user and I get the following error during to start up: SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:443 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

8. Linux

nix User Access Restrictions to Network, USB ports, PCMCIA, CDROM

How to create a user account on a Linux desktop machine with restrictions on connecting to the LAN, WAN, PCMCIA ports, Firewire, CDROM and generally any user controllable output options? I have the task to set up a machine for users working with sensitive data that should not be leaving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies

10. Linux

Ports,number of slots,network devices - UNIX

Hi All, Can someone help me in finding out below information from ReHat linux,Solaris,AIX, hp-ux machine : 1. How to find total number of ports in supported by each slot. 2. name of ports that are used to transmit data to the printer 3. total number of slots on a network device (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
2 Replies
SOCKSTAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       SOCKSTAT(1)

NAME
sockstat -- list open sockets SYNOPSIS
sockstat [-46clnu] [-f address_family] [-p ports] DESCRIPTION
The sockstat command lists open Internet or UNIX domain sockets. The following options are available: -4 Show AF_INET (IPv4) sockets. -6 Show AF_INET6 (IPv6) sockets. -c Show connected sockets. -f address_family Limit listed sockets to those of the specified address_family. The following address families are recognized: inet, for AF_INET; inet6, for AF_INET6; and local or unix, for AF_LOCAL. -l Show listening sockets. -n Numeric output only. No attempt will be made to look up symbolic names for addresses and ports. -p ports Only show Internet sockets if either the local or foreign port number is on the specified list. The ports argument is a comma- separated list of port numbers and ranges specified as first and last port separated by a dash. -u Show AF_LOCAL (UNIX) sockets. If neither -4, -6, nor -u are specified, sockstat will list sockets in all three domains. If neither -c nor -l are specified, sockstat will list both listening and connected sockets, as well as those sockets that are in neither state. The information listed for each socket is: USER The user who owns the socket. COMMAND The command which holds the socket. PID The process ID of the command which holds the socket. FD The file descriptor number of the socket. PROTO The transport protocol associated with the socket for Internet sockets, or the type of socket (stream, seqpacket or data- gram) for UNIX sockets. LOCAL ADDRESS For Internet sockets, this is the address to which the local end of the socket is bound (see getsockname(2)). For bound UNIX sockets, it is the socket's filename or ``-''. FOREIGN ADDRESS The address to which the foreign end of the socket is bound (see getpeername(2)) or ``-'' for unconnected UNIX sockets. SEE ALSO
fstat(1), netstat(1), inet(4), inet6(4), unix(4) HISTORY
The sockstat command appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. It was then rewritten for NetBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This version of the sockstat command was written by Andrew Brown <atatat@NetBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> and was adapted to match the NetBSD implementation by Andrew Brown <atatat@NetBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2006 BSD