Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netscape 4.5.1
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators netscape 4.5.1 Post 17851 by gillbates on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 05:35:40 PM
Old 03-20-2002
changing user cp fixes the problem

I'm new to this board so I didn't know what the user cp was when it was mentioned above. I pointed the page out to another user that was using 4.7 and she had the same problem. I went into user cp and changed from default to craig's infobeat and the records appeared.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netscape and linux

i'm trying to install netscape 6.01 on my linux system. I already have netscape 4.76 installed already. When i try to install netscape 6.01 it installs into a different place. So my origanal still works. when i run the script it seems to work. It goes to a part where its deferring registration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam1su2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape question

I need to load Netscape on my UNIX workstation. It is an old Pyramid workstation. I have an Netscape exe zipped file on my NT laptop but I don't have gzip on my workstation to unzip it with. I can ftp the file to the workstation, but I have no way to open it. My question is what utility is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Netscape

Hi, I need help to install Netscape on AIX Thank's:) Operation System AIX 4.3 I has problem with configure MOZILLA_HOME (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download Netscape?

Please tell me how can I download the netscape for Sun Solaris ?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jameswong
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Netscape for unix?

How can I find netscape for unix? I could only find for windows. I need netscape for solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Netscape from unix

Hi All.. I have netscape installed communicator 4.75 installed in my unix box. But dont know exactly how to use that as a browser. I tried running it from installed dir. as shown below and got the following error. testu:/opt/netscape >netscape Error: Can't open display:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimate
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant get Netscape to work...

when i try to open Netscape I get this: Xlib: connection to "hpbox:0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not Authorized to connect to server Error: Can't open display: hpbox:0.0 Error Couldn't find per display information *Note: I'm sharing a internet connection with my xp machine. Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Netscape 9 or Firefox 2.0

I have been unable to locate any Netscape 9 or Firefox 2.0 packages for Solaris 8. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere? Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 / netscape 4.76

I have an Ultra 5 machine with Solaris 8 installed as an operating system. To work with other PC's on my home network, I selected DHCP as the network protocol. I want to have Internet access on my Sun machine but have been unsuccessful. I had an old Netscape for Unix disk and installed it. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pb11545
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netscape question

What command would you use to terminate all running instances of netscape-communicator owned by you on your system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdubya
2 Replies
setreuid(2)							   System Calls 						       setreuid(2)

NAME
setreuid - set real and effective user IDs SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setreuid(uid_t ruid, uid_t euid); DESCRIPTION
The setreuid() function is used to set the real and effective user IDs of the calling process. If ruid is -1, the real user ID is not changed; if euid is -1, the effective user ID is not changed. The real and effective user IDs may be set to different values in the same call. If the {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is asserted in the effective set of the calling process, the real user ID and the effective user ID can be set to any legal value. If the {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process, either the real user ID can be set to the effective user ID, or the effective user ID can either be set to the saved set-user ID from execve() (seeexec(2)) or the real user ID. In either case, if the real user ID is being changed (that is, if ruid is not -1), or the effective user ID is being changed to a value not equal to the real user ID, the saved set-user ID is set equal to the new effective user ID. All privileges are required to change to uid 0. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned, errno is set to indicate the error, and neither of the user IDs will be changed. ERRORS
The setreuid() function will fail if: EINVAL The value of ruid or euid is less than 0 or greater than UID_MAX (defined in <limits.h>). EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_SETID} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling processes and a change was specified other than changing the real user ID to the effective user ID, or changing the effective user ID to the real user ID or the saved set- user ID. See privileges(5) for additional restrictions which apply when changing to UID 0. USAGE
If a set-user-ID process sets its effective user ID to its real user ID, it can still set its effective user ID back to the saved set-user ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getuid(2), setregid(2), setuid(2), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 setreuid(2)