Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP UX Training
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HP UX Training Post 17237 by kstall on Tuesday 12th of March 2002 01:38:07 PM
Old 03-12-2002
Question HP UX Training

I am considering getting some fundemental training in HP UX. I have been in the IT field for about 5 years and am looking for a way to make myself more marketable and learn more at the same time. I have very little knowledge of UNIX but would love to know more. Is this a smart plan or should I rethink my position? I am also condsidering Network Security and VB programming. My background is varied from Desktop support, project management, some network admin. stuff and Wise scripting. Thanks for your help!!

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

training

Hello I need to get proper Unix training please advise from where i have to start and what is the scope. i am already working with citigroup as support analyst. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manzar Qureshi
8 Replies

2. AIX

Training

I work for a company based in Alabama and am trying to learn AIX. I need some help learning as I do not even consider myself a begginer yet. We are running version 5.2 and I was wondering if anyone new how or where I could get some training?!? :confused: Thanks for your time, Justin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justinm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

training videos

Dear Experts, I just want any web site from where i can download free or i can buy a full trainning video of unix shell programming. Can any body tell me the good video CBT for unic shell scripting. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Training?

At work I have to restart applications and install upgrades to applications running on Solaris 10. Its pretty basic stuff but I have little experience of Unix so it can be a bit hairy at times. Work have offered to send me on some training but I have to select the course/training. I'm not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Training-where, when etc.

I'm being asked to go and take a training course in Advanced Unix and Perl. The main reason is the amount of information needed to get up to speed a short period of time, which is what we're limited on. Travel is fine. Can anyone suggest a good resource for researching the where and when for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavineq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Training for LynxOS

I am trying to train for development on LynxOS. I am currently useing a windows machine for work, and do not have any other machine to use. Should I just use VMware or anyother emulation software to run LynxOS, or actually buy some sort of physical board to train? Any other information... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifis
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

training for ubuntu

Hi I recently changed os from win xp to ubuntu. I am not new to LInux in general but new to this particular distribution. Could you advice me some training related administration of ubuntu on desktop platform (sth like 70-270 win xp from mcs). The best would be some audio and video course.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Any Solaris training?

Good Afternoon, Does anyone know of any free or cheap SkillSoft type Solaris training, with an exam? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
shares-admin(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Shared Folders Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. shares-admin allows you to share folders to other computers in your network or in the internet. OPTIONS
shares-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
shares-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 shares-admin(1)