Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ghostscript Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ghostscript Question Post 16792 by falcon2460 on Thursday 7th of March 2002 12:51:10 AM
Old 03-07-2002
Question Ghostscript Question

I need to know how to convert 132 columns text file to Postcript by using ghostscript. What I want to do is to fax a 132 columns
report (text file) with efax and I was told to use ghostscript to change the type and szie of font so the lines will not wrap.

Thanks Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl and ghostscript

Hi all I am using HPUX11.0 i want to install perl 5.6.0 and ghostscript 5.03.. can anyone help me to get it download from any free ftp or http link... i searched perl.com and ghostscript.com but in vain.... the procuct are to be installed with the above mentioned version... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ghostscript ecryption trouble

Hello, I have a pdf (no security) that I convert into ps using acroread. I then pass that postscript file to ghostscript so I can distill it for the web. acroread -toPostScript -pairs -binary -fast -pairs first.pdf first.ps gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dPDFSETTINGS=/ebook... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfr574
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing with ghostscript via cygwin

good day! =) i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.. i just have a question actually.. you see, i have ghostscript installed in my solaris box.. i have cygwin in my pc which i use to emulate my unix.. my pc already has "Unix Print Services" installed as a system component.. but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maria_iris
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Ghostscript Errpr

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I hope there's someone who can help me with this error when running ghostscript/gs: /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code) from gs Abort(coredump) I've managed to install Ghostscript 8.56 including all dependencies successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgail
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript

I am trying to use Ghostscript oin AIX to print pdf's and it seems I have downloaded it and all dependencys fine - install went fine, when I type any gs commnad except gs -h it just hangs..Here is what it says before the hang: GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13) Copyright (C) 1998 Aladdin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ghostscript on SCO 5.0.7

I am attempting to update to ghostscript version 8.54 on my SCO 5.0.7 box. When I run ./configure, I get the following error configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH Could someone please help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kberger82
0 Replies

7. Programming

Compiling ghostscript v 9.21

I ran configure, and then make, using the SCO 6.0.0 cc compiler. -bash-3.2# make UX:make: ERROR: bad character | (octal 174), line 277 (bu40)UX:make: ERROR: Mess age not found!! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 7.05. AUTHOR
L. Peter Deutsch <ghost@aladdin.com> is the principal author of Ghostscript. Russell J. Lang <rjl@aladdin.com> is the author of most of the MS Windows code in Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 7.05 22 April 2002 GSLP(1)