Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where can i find staroffice or any other kind office program for unix or linux? Post 15880 by HOUSCOUS on Wednesday 20th of February 2002 08:10:50 PM
Old 02-20-2002
I ordered a copy of RH7.2 from Website. Actually I haven't recieved the CD yet, but i have been noticed that will be six cds. I thought i only can get staroffice in Redhat 7.2 professional but not in Redhat 7.2, right?

Last edited by HOUSCOUS; 02-20-2002 at 09:16 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Program in linux for all unix os

Hello there, I have the following mission for my internship: - Take an existing program which uses OpenGL writen in Delphi, for Windows. - Write this program in C++ for all operating systems from which the name end on a "X" So, what kind of features does this program need. - There... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what kind of UNIX

ok, so i want to figure out what type of UNIX i have and in this book im reading about it, it says that i can figure out what type i have by typing the command uname in the prompt. So i did this and it came up saying Darwin?? is that part of System V UNIX or BSD or do i have LINUX? if anyone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiei
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of Linux for the newbies?

I am one of the newbies. I want to load linux on my notebook, however, i am not sure which linux is the most recommend for the newbies. Could you please advise? Thanks you very much for any advise you may give me. Best Regards, SANLEN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I find what kind of NIC card the server has?

All, I see that there are 2 nic card available . How can I know all the details about these 2 nic cards. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10 Apr 16 15:00 hostname.bge0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 17 Apr 22 08:56 hostname.bge2 please let me know thanks -prasad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

XP as a program on Unix/Linux system?

I am sure this question has been asked and answered before, also, if it is the wrong catergory, please let me know. I would like to know how, if possible to run Unix/Linux as my operating system, and then load XP as a program? (I am open to other operating systems, but it has to be able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mountainwolf
3 Replies

6. Programming

Please give me some advise to program for unix/linux using c/c++?

I have a good foundation of c++.I want to learn to program for linux/unix,can you give me some advises,for example classic books ,which operating system is used better(freebsd,solaris,federal linux.etc),and which aspects uses mostly in job.Can you give me clear direction for working or learning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fengshuiyue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl-OS command to find out what kind

I need to know a command to find out which version of Perl Im currently running. Thanks Ben (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can you help me find a solution in this program in unix ?

Write shell script to read 3 numbers and print them in revers and print wither they are polyndrome numbers or not ????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelorn_mn
2 Replies
cds(1m) 																   cds(1m)

NAME
cds - A dcecp object that represents a Cell Directory Service server SYNOPSIS
cds disable server_name cds help [operation | -verbose] cds operations cds show server_name ARGUMENTS
The name of the cds operation for which to display help information. The name of one CDS server running somewhere in the local cell. Specify the server name in one of the following formats: /.../cell_name/hosts/host_name/cds-server /.:/hosts/host_name/cds-server DESCRIPTION
The cds object allows some low-level control over a CDS server in the local cell. Using it, you can disable a running server, which causes it to shut down gracefully. This command will also display a limited set of the attribute and counter information currently known to the specified server. ATTRIBUTES
The number of times the server failed to update a child replica. The date-time stamp representing when the current server started. The number of crucial replicas known to the server. The skew time allowed the server. The list of clearinghouses known to the server. The number of read operations processed by the server since it started. The number of times the CDS server had problems with the cell Security Service. The number of skulks completed by the server since it started. The number of skulks initiated by the server since it started. The number of times the lookup path was broken during a server operation. The number of write operations processed by the server since it started. OPERATIONS
cds disable Disables the specified CDS server. The syntax is as follows: cds disable server_name The specified server must be running somewhere in the local cell, and you must have the privileges to access that machine. This operation returns an empty string on success. Privileges Required You must have dwc (delete, write, create) permissions on the namespace entry of the server. Example dcecp> cds disable /.:/hosts/blech/cds-server dcecp> cds help Returns help information about the cds object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: cds help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the cds object. Used without an argument or option, the cds help command returns brief information about each cds operation. The optional operation argu- ment is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option to display detailed information about the cds object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cds help command. Examples dcecp> cds help disable Disables the specified CDS server. show Returns attribute information about the named CDS server. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> cds operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the cds object. The syntax is as follows: cds operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cds operations command. Examples dcecp> cds operations disable show help operations dcecp> cds show Returns attribute information about the specified CDS server. The syntax is as follows: cds show server_name The attributes returned mostly represent counter information, which can be used to help isolate a problems with a CDS server. The order in which the attributes are returned is fixed within CDS. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permissions on the namespace entry of the server. Examples dcecp> cds show /.:/hosts/blech/cds-server {Creation_Time 1995-10-11-10:06:31.434-04:00I-----} {Future_Skew_Time 0} {Read_Operations 141384} {Write_Operations 3589} {Skulks_Initiated 278} {Skulks_Completed 278} {Times_Lookup_Paths_Broken 0} {Crucial_Replicas 0} {Child_Update_Failures 0} {Security_Failures 0} {Known_Clearinghouses /.../gumby1/blech_ch} dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cdsd(1m), dcecp(1m), dcecp_cdsclient(1m). cds(1m)