Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error while running a script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error while running a script Post 14645 by witt on Monday 4th of February 2002 11:58:54 AM
Old 02-04-2002
DanielB,

Execute your script with full path name.
Example :

/usr/local/bin/test

or

Change your directory to the script path and
execute this.
Example :

cd /usr/local/bin
./test

If you to try to execute thus : (. test)

The O.S. tries to execute the /usr/bin/test command.
And the point before a command test (in your example) without slash (/) is to load variables in the subshell.

Witt
witt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running your script -- Balamv

When I run this, I am getting the below error. Why? Pls help me #!/bin/ksh echo Hello World dirs="not_using_0" for entry in *; do && dirs="$dirs $entry" done dirarray=($dirs) index=1 while }" ] ; do echo "${index}: ${dirarray}" index=`expr $index + 1` done while ; do echo -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in in running script

Hi all, I have created a script file .sh and had some allias commands, local variable, some grep features, and listing files/directories, and it worked correctly and I got the outputs I am looking for after I run the script . However, some of the grep commands and some other functions did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aama100
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting error when running script through crontab

Hi all, I wrote small script for Solaris and when I am running it through command prompt its ok, but when I trying to run it using crontab, i am getting error like: ld.so.1: dbloader: fatal: libACE.so: open failed: No such file or directory /tmp/file.sh: line 5: 8304 Killed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Error when running script

Hi All, Need your guuys help here. #!/bin/bash { echo "POLICY LIST" echo "====================================" bppllist echo " " echo "POLICY DETAILS" echo "====================================" for type in daily weekly monthly quarterly echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running nawk script

Hi, I was trying to use nawk script given in this link https://www.unix.com/aix/19979-df-output-not-aligned.html but when i do this im getting this error $ df -k|formatDF.nawk -ksh: formatDF.nawk: not found Can anyone help me on this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Getting error code when running the script 2 (RC)2

hi All, we have a script to remove the files from particular path,when we tryingto run manually the script went to success and removed the files but the same script which is running by other team it got failed and giving the error "2 (RC)2 "..what is the cause of the failure..and we passing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagavenkatesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running script using nohup

Hi, I am running the below script. When i run the script normally it executes fine but when i run the same script using nohup it throws an error as getStatus.sh: syntax error at line 3: `(' unexpected . Can you let me know why it is so? while do . $(dirname $0)/include.sh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when running script in background

Hi guys, ./test.sh & #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "No.Of Items :" read count echo "Report Time (Min):" read time some other command .... exit 0; thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in running DB query by script

Hi I was trying to fetch data from database. But the number of rows exported were huge so i got the error. Experts please advice. Thanks a lot for your supprt. #: ./script.sh ./script.sh: xmalloc: subst.c:3076: cannot allocate 1401346369 bytes (0 bytes allocated) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running script

Hi, I have the the below script more runcda.sh if *\).*/\1/p' $1_dr) ]; then echo "ParallelGCThreads Found with Value" else echo "ParallelGCThreads Not Found - Add !!" fi $ ./runcda.sh output.log ./runcda.sh: test: argument expected ParallelGCThreads Not Found - Add !! Why am i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
wibble-test-genrunner(1)				      General Commands Manual					  wibble-test-genrunner(1)

NAME
wibble-test-genrunner - Code generator for wibble testsuites. SYNOPSIS
wibble-test-genrunner header <file> wibble-test-genrunner main <files> DESCRIPTION
The program generates .cpp files that are then compiled and linked into a test program for running tests from .test.h files. Examples of such .test.h files may be found among wibble headers, eg. /usr/include/wibble/regexp.test.h. In the first form, the program processes a single header file (usually of the form foo.test.h) and produces a corresponding .cpp file to be compiled. In the second form, it takes as <files> all the .test.h headers and produces a single main.cpp which contains the main() function of the test program, which then runs all the tests in all the .test.h files. The generated source code is always written to standard output and it is left up to the user to redirect it to a meaningful location. The program currently has no options other than the two forms above. The program is intended to be run as part of build process of programs or libraries using the wibble testing framework. For convenient use from CMake, there is a test.cmake script under /usr/share/wibble, that takes care of producing all the .cpp files (both per-header and the main one), compiling them and linking them into a single binary which executes the testsuite. AUTHOR
Petr Rockai <me@mornfall.net> wibble-test-genrunner(1)