Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem compiling metamail
Top Forums Programming Problem compiling metamail Post 14421 by thalex on Thursday 31st of January 2002 12:33:39 PM
Old 01-31-2002
2 things:

Either the systems are not identical, or there are some shared library missing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

metamail execution error

Hi. I´m have installed the metamail from skunkware and when I´m trying to use mailto (the complete script is bellow), I got this message: # mailto To: test@bla.com Subject: test ~/2048000 Set splitsize to 2048000 ~* Please choose which kind of data you wish to insert: 0: A raw file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metamail

Hi there. I have a problem with some files I am trying to process. It goes as follows: I receive an email with a MIME attachment I use metamail to extract the data to a flat file named "email.txt" I decode "email.txt" using metamail This works great with one tiny issue Information in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atwill
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Compiling problem

I'm trying to install the jed text editor on a SunOS 5.10 box. It depends on the s-lang library, which I installed to ~/lib. I'm trying to install jed to ~/jed (it's a box @ my university, so I don't have rights to install globally), but when I run make I get this error: It looks like it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iandunn
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem's compiling Glib

Hello, I am trying to install glib on my development box - with little/no luck. Below are some details of the box: SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-38 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Glib version:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetley
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Metamail for Solaris 10

Hi All, We are trying to Load Metamail on our Solaris 10 Server but are not able to. This is what we get: m5k604d1@root# pwd /export/home/xpvh76/mm2.7/src m5k604d1@root# /usr/ccs/bin/make (cd metamail ; make CONFIGDIR=../. CFLAGS="-g -I. " CC="cc" LDLIBS="") sh: make: not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Metamail Alternatives on Solaris 10

Hi All, We have been trying to Install Metamail on our Solaris 10 server but have failed to do so. We are a bit topo short of time here so are now trying to Explore any Meta Mail alternatives. What we basically want to do is: Server will recieve email, Procmail will recieve the email... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
0 Replies

10. AIX

Compiling problem - AIX 7.2

Hi We meet errors while running configuration scripts to prepare compiling source code on AIX 7.2. This error does not happen on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1 With the “/usr/bin/sh” from AIX7.2, sometimes , the script runs sucessfully, sometimes not. It’s unstable, and I don’t know why. When... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
10 Replies
execstack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      execstack(8)

NAME
execstack - tool to set, clear, or query executable stack flag of ELF binaries and shared libraries SYNOPSIS
execstack [OPTION...] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
execstack is a program which sets, clears, or queries executable stack flag of ELF binaries and shared libraries. Linux has in the past allowed execution of instructions on the stack and there are lots of binaries and shared libraries assuming this behaviour. Furthermore, GCC trampoline code for e.g. nested functions requires executable stack on many architectures. To avoid breaking binaries and shared libraries which need executable stack, ELF binaries and shared libraries now can be marked as requiring executable stack or not requiring it. This marking is done through the p_flags field in the PT_GNU_STACK program header entry. If the marking is missing, kernel or dynamic linker need to assume it might need executable stack. The marking is done automatically by recent GCC versions (objects using trampolines on the stack are marked as requiring executable stack, all other newly built objects are marked as not requiring it) and linker collects these markings into marking of the whole binary or shared library. The user can override this at assembly time (through --execstack or --noexecstack assembler options), at link time (through -z execstack or -z noexecstack linker options) and using the execstack tool also on an already linker binary or shared library. This tool is especially useful for third party shared libraries where it is known that they don't need executable stack or testing proves it. OPTIONS
-s --set-execstack Mark binary or shared library as requiring executable stack. -c --clear-execstack Mark binary or shared library as not requiring executable stack. -q --query Query executable stack marking of binaries and shared libraries. For each file it prints either - when executable stack is not required, X when executable stack is required or ? when it is unknown whether the object requires or doesn't require executable stack (the marking is missing). -V Print execstack version and exit. -? --help Print help message. --usage Print a short usage message. ARGUMENTS
Command line arguments should be names of ELF binaries and shared libraries which should be modified or queried. EXAMPLES
# execstack -s ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 will mark ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 as requiring executable stack. # execstack -c ~/bin/bar will mark ~/bin/bar as not requiring executable stack. # execstack -q ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 ~/bin/bar will query executable stack marking of the given files. SEE ALSO
ld.so(8). BUGS
execstack doesn't support yet marking of executables if they do not have PT_GNU_STACK program header entry nor they have room for program segment header table growth. AUTHORS
Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>. 28 October 2003 execstack(8)