Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transfer server to server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transfer server to server Post 13968 by Jimbo on Friday 25th of January 2002 01:31:55 PM
Old 01-25-2002
I create a tar file with:

tar cf mytarfile dir1 dir2 dir3

Then I transfer mytarfile to another server and:

tar xf mytarfile

Permissions etc are preserved. If mytarfile is sizeable, and the transfer is outside your intranet, I would compress it first.
Jimbo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

client-server message transfer

using fork().how do v send and receive messages in child and parent process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnavel
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Linux

transfer files from the server 1 to server 2

I want to transfer files from the server 1 to server 2, but only information available FTP my server 2 How? Is there a script help me in the transfer of files through FTP :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomozah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one server to another server in unix

Hi, Can anyone help me. I am a new user in unix. I want to transfer (ftp) a file from one unix server to another server. Kindly help me. more details: server 1 file_name a.lst path: :/temp server 2 path : /develp/temp Thanks, Raj, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer From one server to another server

How to transfer a file from one sevrer to another server ? Please explain it with examples with all alternatives. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh Kumar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to transfer files using between server A and B

Hi All, I have generated public and private pair to avoid to enter password manually while sending files through sftp. But still I am facing issues and every-time prompt asking enter password. Below are steps I fallowed to make ssh connection between two servers. 1. Generated public and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
5 Replies
bup-restore(1)						      General Commands Manual						    bup-restore(1)

NAME
bup-restore - extract files from a backup set SYNOPSIS
bup restore [--outdir=outdir] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
bup restore extracts files from a backup set (created with bup-save(1)) to the local filesystem. The specified paths are of the form /branch/revision/path/to/file. The components of the path are as follows: branch the name of the backup set to restore from; this corresponds to the --name (-n) option to bup save. revision the revision of the backup set to restore. The revision latest is always the most recent backup on the given branch. You can dis- cover other revisions using bup ls /branch. /path/to/file the original absolute filesystem path to the file you want to restore. For example, /etc/passwd. Note: if the /path/to/file is a directory, bup restore will restore that directory as well as recursively restoring all its contents. If /path/to/file is a directory ending in a slash (ie. /path/to/dir/), bup restore will restore the children of that directory directly to the current directory (or the --outdir). If the directory does not end in a slash, the children will be restored to a subdirectory of the current directory. See the EXAMPLES section to see how this works. OPTIONS
-C, --outdir=outdir create and change to directory outdir before extracting the files. -v, --verbose increase log output. Given once, prints every directory as it is restored; given twice, prints every file and directory. -q, --quiet don't show the progress meter. Normally, is stderr is a tty, a progress display is printed that shows the total number of files restored. EXAMPLE
Create a simple test backup set: $ bup index -u /etc $ bup save -n mybackup /etc/passwd /etc/profile Restore just one file: $ bup restore /mybackup/latest/etc/passwd Restoring: 1, done. $ ls -l passwd -rw-r--r-- 1 apenwarr apenwarr 1478 2010-09-08 03:06 passwd Restore the whole directory (no trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test1 /mybackup/latest/etc Restoring: 3, done. $ find test1 test1 test1/etc test1/etc/passwd test1/etc/profile Restore the whole directory (trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test2 /mybackup/latest/etc/ Restoring: 2, done. $ find test2 test2 test2/passwd test2/profile SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-restore(1)