Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a Shell Program immediately Post 13701 by Neo on Tuesday 22nd of January 2002 03:09:13 PM
Old 01-22-2002
Still was school work..... open book tests are the same as homework. Good call Kelam_Magnus, keep up the good work!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

UIDs being overwritten immediately

We have a problem where we delete a user and their associated UID gets dumped back in the UID pool. The if we immediately create a another (new) user, AIX reuses the last UID, the one that was just released. This is causing a problem when reports are being generated because the new users name is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsys2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help immediately. Please help me

Hi Everyone, I am writing a script, in that i want to find out whether my disk space usage capacity extends more than 98%. If my disk space capacity extends more than 98% i want to print that the space capacity is running out of space otherwise i want to print only the capacity of the space... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please respond immediately

Hi ..please tell me how to modinfy an existing file in a directory, i need commands like to open edit and save n execute the file in BASH. please respond immediately (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepti.1104
3 Replies

4. Linux

please help immediately

how can i check if the size of my file is greater than 5MB and if it is so then how can I direct my data to another new file. the data will be in the form of SQL query (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
4 Replies

5. Programming

Experts !!! I Need HELP immediately..!

HI, I am getting the error : ErrCode:-2 Message:Application Initialisation function Err Params:Could not Load SO/DLL Nothing specific is coming, just the above error. Can anyone tell me how to debug this error. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol_helwatkar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a character immediately following a word

Hello, I have data in one file like - UNB+UNOA:1+006415160:1+WF0000010188:ZZ+080701:0600+2++DELFOR++++T'UNH+2+DELFOR:D:97A:UN................ Now, I want to find what is the character immediately following UNB(here +) UNOA (here :) or the character immedialtely preceding UNH (here ') &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

please tell immediately

what is the script to take files from ftp to unix server and unzipped the files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

to run a script immediately after restart

Hi i want to run my shell script "script.sh" whenever the system restarts. I am using Solaris 10. Please help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Nohup immediately stops.

I try and start a short script nohup the nohup immediately stops. Here's the code #!/bin/sh rm backup.out for i in `cat /home/xxxxx/Allservers.txt` do echo "Logging onto $i" ssh -qt $i '/usr/local/bin/sudo "/src/bkupsa"' done >>backup.out Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekrause77
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD