Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: filtering by file size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers filtering by file size Post 13483 by Jimbo on Thursday 17th of January 2002 06:50:16 PM
Old 01-17-2002
The -a allows you to specify multiple primaries:

find . -size +100c -a -size -200c -exec ls -ld {} \;

but on HP-UX, it works without the -a also:
Jimbo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like; /usr/local/1/in /usr/local/1/out /usr/local/1/archive /usr/local/2/in /usr/local/2/out /usr/local/2/archive /usr/local/3/in /usr/local/3/out /usr/local/3/archive Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

8. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
comb(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   comb(1)

NAME
comb - combine SCCS deltas SYNOPSIS
SID] list] file ... DESCRIPTION
The command generates a shell procedure (see sh(1)) which, when run, reconstructs the given SCCS files. The reconstructed files are usu- ally smaller than the original files. Arguments can be specified in any order, but all options apply to all named SCCS files. If a direc- tory is named, behaves as though each file in the directory were specified as a named file, except that non-SCCS files (last component of the path name does not begin with and unreadable files are silently ignored. If a name of is given, the standard input is read; each line of the standard input is taken to be the name of an SCCS file to be processed; non-SCCS files and unreadable files are silently ignored. The generated shell procedure is written on the standard output. Options recognizes the following options. Each is explained as if only one named file is to be processed, but the effects of any option apply independently to each named file. The SCCS IDentification string (SID) of the oldest delta to be preserved. All older deltas are discarded in the recon- structed file. A list of deltas to be preserved (see get(1) for the syntax of a list). All other deltas are discarded. For each generated, this option causes the reconstructed file to be accessed at the release of the delta to be created, other- wise the reconstructed file would be accessed at the most recent ancestor. Use of the option can decrease the size of the reconstructed SCCS file. It can also alter the shape of the delta tree of the original file. This option causes to generate a shell procedure which, when run, produces a report giving, for each file: the file name, size (in blocks) after combining, original size (also in blocks), and percentage change computed by: 100 x (original - combined) / original It is recommended that this option be used before any SCCS files are actually combined to determine exactly how much space is saved by the combining process. If no options are specified, preserves only leaf deltas and the minimal number of ancestors needed to preserve the tree. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. DIAGNOSTICS
Use sccshelp(1) for explanations. EXAMPLES
The command: creates a shell script named which if executed, creates a new using only the deltas from the old The script overwrites the old thus, it might be wise to copy the original elsewhere. Here is an example of typical technique: WARNINGS
may rearrange the shape of the tree of deltas. Combining files may or may not save space; in fact, it is possible for the reconstructed file to actually be larger than the original. FILES
Temporary file Temporary file SEE ALSO
admin(1), delta(1), get(1), sccshelp(1), prs(1), sh(1), sccsfile(4). comb(1)