Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: making a process tree
Top Forums Programming making a process tree Post 13261 by bb666 on Monday 14th of January 2002 07:53:44 PM
Old 01-14-2002
Question making a process tree

How can I make a process tree?
The tree must have X rows and each process must have Y sons.
All the processes must comunicate with their fathers.
Can anyone help me with that?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

· simerian · UNIX Process List Tree

#!/usr/bin/ksh # # COPYRIGHT (c) 2003 - SIMERIAN # # e: info@simerian.com # w: www.simerian.com # # DISCLAIMER # The author of this product does not accept any responsibility for # loss or damages resulting from the use of said product and makes no # warranty or representation, either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process calls - making sense of truss results

Can someone point me at resources for system calls? Specifically, I am trying to make sense of what I am seeing in a truss command. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

3. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tree with UNIX

Hello ! I am trying to find out if a simple command could build me a tree containing all the subdirectories for a specific directory. I have a tree like /home/user/blabla..../mytree with a lot of symbolic links. It is quite tricky to find out where my data are 'logically' stored. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunbol
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

process tree

how to draw a process tree if i know my process id and how can i identify session leaders (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annapurna konga
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create this tree?

a buddy and i are trying to re-learn basic commands. i havent used linux for awhile. so i need help on this. what are the commands to create a tree like this. . |-- a1.A |-- a1.B |-- opt | |-- documents | | `-- tmp | | |-- backup | | `-- etc | |-- music | `--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ink
1 Replies

9. Programming

Binary Tree

I have just been researching this topic and I was wondering what type of application might a binary tree be used for. For instance what type of application would be a good showcase for a binary tree that I could write as an example? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
5 Replies
ptree(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - prints the process tree hierarchy SYNOPSIS
[pid1|username1 [pid2|username2]...] DESCRIPTION
prints the process tree of all processes that match the specified arguments. While printing the tree, the child processes are indented to the right from their respective parent processes. Options Prints the tree starting from the children of (usually pid 0). The default is to print the tree starting from the children of (pid 1). Operands pid Print the process tree for the process ID number specified by pid. username Print the process tree for all the processes from the user specified by username. Note that only username (and not user ID) can be specified for this instance. If no operands are specified, then prints the process tree of all processes starting from the children of or (if is specified). EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables If is not specified or is null, it defaults to (see lang(5)). EXAMPLES
Print the process tree for pid 100 and for all processes owned by WARNINGS
Process information can change while is running; the tree displayed by is only a snapshot in time. Some data printed for defunct processes is irrelevant. Users of must not rely on the exact field widths and spacing of its output, as these will vary depending on the system and the release of HP-UX. SEE ALSO
pgrep(1), pkill(1), ps(1), fork(2). ptree(1)