Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem getting data to a report file. Post 12222 by Perderabo on Friday 21st of December 2001 10:17:44 AM
Old 12-21-2001
Use a variable to store the line and initialize to the date. Include some trailing spaces. Like this:
xspline="${year}${month}${day} "

Next inside your loop, each time that you have a new value for xsp, add it to the line. Include some leading spaces. Like this:
xspline="${xspline} ${xsp}"

Finally, print it out:
echo "${xspline}"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help !!!!Problem with data file

I have a 1 million record file and in there i have 580 bad records meaning like they were spread on to 2 lines and is making my process fail as it is expecting single line records. How can i correct this records spread into 2 lines into single line or how i can writer these records into a new... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
34 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create data file from report file

Dear Ones, kindly help me to create a data file from the report file as shown here under( i am new one to unix KNOW BASIC COMMANDS) file:rama.prt (ist record)(3 to 4 lines of text with different filed names) Name :M.LALITHA DOB:12/11/45 DESG :JA(P) STANO:300175 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in writing the data to a file in one row

Hi All I am reading data from the database and writing to temporary file in the below format. 1=XP|external_component|com.adp.meetingalertemail.processing.MeetingAlertEmail|EMAILALERTPUSH|32|4#XP |classpath|/usr/home/dfusr/lib/xalan.jar: /usr/home/dfusr/lib/xerces.jar: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell problem: using a key from one file to find data in another

I've never written scripts (just switched from Ada to C++). I have a book that's over my head and a few examples, other then that I'm floundering. Everything here at work is being done in C Shell. None of the C++ programmers are experienced in shell scripting. I have a data file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassmaster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and print out data only appear in file 1 problem

Below is the data content of file_1 and file_2: file_1 >sample_1 FKGJGPOPOPOQA ASDADWEEWERE ASDAWEWQWRW ASDASDASDASDD file_2 >sample_1 DRTOWPFPOPOQA ASDADWEEASDF ASDADRTYWRW ASDASDASDASDD I got try the following perl script. Unfortunately, it can't give my desired output result... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and change file data content problem

Input file >Read_1 XXXXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 1: After the last "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter, replace those not "X" letter with "X") TREXXXXXXXSDFXXXXXDS (condition 2: Before the first "X" per line, if the distance is less than or equal to 3 letter,... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three Difference File Huge Data Comparison Problem.

I got three different file: Part of File 1 ARTPHDFGAA . . Part of File 2 ARTGHHYESA . . Part of File 3 ARTPOLYWEA . . (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a report for client with a text data file

Hi, I am an amateur bash scriptwriter and I need to write a script which creates a report in a formatted, easy to read table-like that is displayed to standard output. The script has to export the followings: Process ID,User Name, Command Name,Priority..... Now I have a file that I can see all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting data from log file to report

I have a log file that looks like this. the lines are grouped. 2 lines per entry. M: 2019-01-25 13:02:31.698 P25, received network transmission from KI4EKI to TG 10282 M: 2019-01-25 13:02:35.694 P25, network end of transmission, 4.3 seconds, 1% packet loss M: 2019-01-25 13:02:38.893 P25,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae4ml
7 Replies
DATE(1) 							   User Commands							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the system date and time SYNOPSIS
date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] DESCRIPTION
Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date. -d, --date=STRING display time described by STRING, not `now' -f, --file=DATEFILE like --date once for each line of DATEFILE -ITIMESPEC, --iso-8601[=TIMESPEC] output date/time in ISO 8601 format. TIMESPEC=`date' for date only, `hours', `minutes', or `seconds' for date and time to the indi- cated precision. --iso-8601 without TIMESPEC defaults to `date'. -r, --reference=FILE display the last modification time of FILE -R, --rfc-822 output RFC-822 compliant date string -s, --set=STRING set time described by STRING -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit FORMAT controls the output. The only valid option for the second form specifies Coordinated Universal Time. Interpreted sequences are: %% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (Sun..Sat) %A locale's full weekday name, variable length (Sunday..Saturday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (Jan..Dec) %B locale's full month name, variable length (January..December) %c locale's date and time (Sat Nov 04 12:02:33 EST 1989) %C century (year divided by 100 and truncated to an integer) [00-99] %d day of month (01..31) %D date (mm/dd/yy) %e day of month, blank padded ( 1..31) %F same as %Y-%m-%d %g the 2-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %G the 4-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour ( 0..23) %l hour ( 1..12) %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %N nanoseconds (000000000..999999999) %p locale's upper case AM or PM indicator (blank in many locales) %P locale's lower case am or pm indicator (blank in many locales) %r time, 12-hour (hh:mm:ss [AP]M) %R time, 24-hour (hh:mm) %s seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' (a GNU extension) %S second (00..60); the 60 is necessary to accommodate a leap second %t a horizontal tab %T time, 24-hour (hh:mm:ss) %u day of week (1..7); 1 represents Monday %U week number of year with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V week number of year with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 represents Sunday %W week number of year with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (mm/dd/yy) %X locale's time representation (%H:%M:%S) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year (1970...) %z RFC-822 style numeric timezone (-0500) (a nonstandard extension) %Z time zone (e.g., EDT), or nothing if no time zone is determinable By default, date pads numeric fields with zeroes. GNU date recognizes the following modifiers between `%' and a numeric directive. `-' (hyphen) do not pad the field `_' (underscore) pad the field with spaces ENVIRONMENT
TZ Specifies the timezone, unless overridden by command line parameters. If neither is specified, the setting from /etc/localtime is used. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for date is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and date programs are properly installed at your site, the command info date should give you access to the complete manual. date (coreutils) 4.5.3 October 2002 DATE(1)