Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ansi C
Top Forums Programming Ansi C Post 10899 by Frankie on Friday 23rd of November 2001 08:55:17 AM
Old 11-23-2001
Meanwhile I found something about this in a mailing list at gcc.gnu.org. It is:
'Yes, if you configure gcc to use gnu binutils but instead pass your .o files to hpux as, this is the result. Use 'gcc --help' to learn about its search path display options; make sure you have installed binutils so that it may be found on those paths, e.g. in the same directory as gcc e.g. /usr/local'
It is an answer for a similar problem of somebody else.
I didn't configure or pass anything but I will. ;-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

K&R vs. ANSI

To anyone that can answer this: Are the differences great between the ANSI and K&R standard? What are some of the major differences between them?? -REM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: REM
1 Replies

2. Programming

ANSI C vs POSIX

can somebody explain about the ANSI C vs POSIX. say i was using open and fopen, i know that open is POSIX, and fopen is ANSI C. i read that that POSIX is a system call and ANSI C is like a standard library function. wouldn't the fopen function has to call on open function anyway to open any kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ansi problem

Hi! Can anyone help me with the problem i am having. Im new to hpux and i am trying to set up the programs i use. One such program is the irc client BitchX, ive ran it on several pc/sun boxes with no problems. On my c360 with an fx6 card and a eizo f56 17in monitor (1024x768 85hz vesa) the ansi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lewis
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

ANSI / C Compiler for HP-UX 11.11

Good Day I downloaded Server Evaluation copy of C/ANSI compiler, but when I try to compile a file with it, it gives me following error - (for HP-UX 11.11 v1 PA-RISC) Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty. Detailed Errors are as follows Internal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
3 Replies

5. Programming

hint on ansi c

I am a student. And need help on following program. I want to make a c program. I have to scan a sentence and I have to interchange a word from that sentence. Example: Scan the sentence is " Drilling machine and Milling machine " . Replace the word "machine" by "operation". And output should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaval chevli
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unix_ANSI to PC-ANSI

I want to convert a file from Unix-ANSI to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX ansi c precompiler

Hi, How can i find which ansi c precompiler are installed on my hp-ux b11.23 itanuim machine ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

9. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

10. Programming

C fdopen with and without -ansi

I have very little experience with gcc compilation under different environments, so please bear with me. I carried over 20 years old project into Ubuntu 18.04, it has old style K&R parameters, no function declarations to speak of, many functions without return are not declared void, and on and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
8 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)