Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rdump
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rdump Post 101973 by rickyt00 on Tuesday 14th of March 2006 05:02:09 PM
Old 03-14-2006
rdump

I recently had to switch where one of my server's does an rdump too. It goes through the first few partitions fine but once it gets to the two larger ones (6-8 gig) it takes forever. I let it run from Friday day until Sunday Morning and it still was not completed. I am using the same tapes that I used on the old server, and it worked fine on the server that it used to do the rdump too. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

AMSTATUS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMSTATUS(8)

NAME
amstatus - display the state of an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amstatus [--config] config [--file amdumpfile ] [--summary] [--dumping] [--waitdumping] [--waittaper] [--dumpingtape] [--writingtape] [--finished] [--failed] [--estimate] [--gestimate] [--stats] DESCRIPTION
Amstatus gives the current state of the Amanda run specified by the config configuration. It may also be used after a run to summarize the results. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
All options may be abbreviated to the shortest non-ambiguous sub-string. If no options are given, everything is displayed. [--config] config Specify the Amanda configuration you want to display the state for. --file amdumpfile Specify an alternate file instead of the amdump file. --summary Display a summary of the state of the run. --dumping Display all partitions that are dumping. --waitdumping|wdumping Display all partitions that are waiting to be dumped. --waittaper|wtaper Display all partitions dumped that are waiting to be written to tape. --dumpingtape|dtape Display all partitions that are dumping directly to tape. --writingtape|wtape Display all partitions that are writing to tape. --finished Display all partitions that are dumped and written to tape. --failed|error Display all partitions that failed. --estimate Display all partitions whose estimate is finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --gestimate|gettingestimate Display all partitions whose estimate is not finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --stats|statistics Display statistics about active-time of taper and dumpers. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amdump(8), amrestore(8), amadmin(8) AMSTATUS(8)