Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: source code for linux
Operating Systems Linux source code for linux Post 101263 by naren_chella on Monday 6th of March 2006 11:56:56 PM
Old 03-07-2006
link for source code

hi zazzybob,

thanks for your link.

i have searched the link gnu.org ,

it is not giving right path to search the source code for syscalls , librarries etc.

can you please sen me the exact link

many thanks
Naren

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux source code

Unix is written in C. From where u can see the source code of unix or linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

source ... how to initiate once in linux or php

Hi I'm using this script for PHP purpose: script.sh ------------------------- #!/bin/bash source app_path/config_file' app_name $* script_name the thing that bothers me is that every time I call app_app_name $* script_name I have to run source, which of course is required in this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: soonic
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

5. Linux

Source code

I need the source code of fedora. plz plz plz help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neh
1 Replies

6. Linux

Linux open source for admin

Hi, I have created my VM lab on redhat linux, but giving me error after updating new yum repository, its asking me for subscription. I want want switch my redhat linux lab from VM, which linux open source will be best to perform admin commands and tasks?? If possible , please provide iso file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
link(2) 							System Calls Manual							   link(2)

NAME
link() - link to a file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call creates a new link (directory entry) for the existing file. path1 points to a path name naming an existing file. path2 points to a path name naming the new directory entry to be created. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets (see errno(2)) to indicate the error. ERRORS
The system call fails and no link is created if one or more of the following is true: A component of either path prefix denies search permission. The requested link requires writing in a directory that does not permit writing. The user's or group's disk quota block limit has been reached for this file system. The link named by path2 exists. path points outside the allocated address space of the process. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating either path name. The maximum number of links to a file would be exceeded. Either the specified path exceeds bytes, or a component of either specified path exceeds while is in effect. The file named by path1 does not exist. A component of either path prefix does not exist. path2 points to a null path name. path1 or path2 is null. The directory to contain the file cannot be extended. A component of either path prefix is not a directory. The file named by path1 is a directory and the effective user ID is not a user who has appropriate privileges. Some file systems return this error whenever path1 names a directory, regardless of the user ID. The requested link requires writing in a directory on a read-only file system. The link named by path2 and the file named by path1 are on different logical devices (file systems). SEE ALSO
cp(1), link(1M), symlink(2), unlink(2), symlink(4), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
link(2)