Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers where i can find list of UNIX commands for daily operations ? Post 100864 by mgoutham on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 11:33:49 AM
Old 03-02-2006
where i can find list of UNIX commands for daily operations ?

Hi There,

Can anyone help, where i can find list of UNIX commands just for regulat day ro day operations

Thanx
MGR

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of Commands for Unix Please

Hello, I have recentlly been given access to a Unix based server in order to learn how to operate a Unix machine.. i have never used Unix before and am in need of a list of commands and there functions.. if you have one available please send it to me in .txt or wordpad document form.. thank you in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShdwMaster
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Find commands

thank you for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find filenames like unix commands

Hi, I need to write a small script to search in some specific directories to check if any file is present with a unix command name... Means if the directory contains any files like cat, vi, grep, find etc i need to list those files into a file. Please help Thanks, D (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix ?

how to know the list of all commands supported by unix. how to know the list of functions supported by unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I need help to find some unix commands

Hey everyone, I need some help for some unix commands. - List all processes in the file "ProcessUser.txt" sorted by the users and in the file "ProcessName.txt" sorted by the name of the process. - How much time does the command "ls -alR /" need and compared to that, how much time is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOCKER3000
2 Replies

6. Programming

Where to find sources of UNIX commands???

Dear friends, I believe that all unix commands are programs which are written in c language, please correct me if I am wrong. Now suppose that I want to see the c source of common commands like echo, ls, mkdir etc, where I can I find the source, linux is open source I believe, so the source for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to modify a delimited file using UNIX commands. Please find description

i have a '|' delimited file having 4 fields. now i want to sort the data by combination of first three fields without changing order of 4th field. input file looks like this: 3245|G|kop|45 1329|A|uty|76 9878|K|wer|12 3245|G|kop|15 1329|A|uty|56 9878|K|wer|2 3245|G|kop|105... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgoyal2408
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner UNIX question. tail and find commands

hey guys, i'm in a unix course.. and while this is a homework question - i did put alittle effort into it. just wanted to ask before trial and error drives me nuts. question 13 has us saving the last 30 characters of a file into another file and question 14 has us saving the list of all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labelthief
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find a solution using UNIX commands

I have the below requirement. below is the content of the input file and my expected result Input file: a.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>XXXX</Name> <ID>1233</ID> </Employee> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>YYYY</Name> <ID>1345</ID>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
INTRO(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  INTRO(1)

NAME
intro -- introduction to general commands (tools and utilities) DESCRIPTION
Section one of the manual contains most of the commands which comprise the BSD user environment. Some of the commands included in section one are text editors, command shell interpreters, searching and sorting tools, file manipulation commands, system status commands, remote file copy commands, mail commands, compilers and compiler tools, formatted output tools, and line printer commands. All commands set a status value upon exit which may be tested to see if the command completed normally. Traditionally, the value 0 signifies successful completion of the command, while a value >0 indicates an error. Some commands attempt to describe the nature of the failure by using exit codes as defined in sysexits(3), while others simply set the status to an arbitrary value >0 (typically 1). SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), intro(2), intro(3), sysexits(3), intro(4), intro(5), intro(6), intro(7), security(7), intro(8), intro(9) Tutorials in the UNIX User's Manual Supplementary Documents. HISTORY
The intro manual page appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
October 21, 2001 BSD