Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing a CSV file in Korn shell Post 100447 by rajeeb_d on Monday 27th of February 2006 02:16:27 PM
Old 02-27-2006
Try this

awk -F "," '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if(i!=2 && i!=4 && i!=6 && i!=8) if(i<NF) printf("%s,",$i); else printf("%s%s",$i,"\n");}' <filename>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file - korn shell

Hello!! I'm want to read each line of a file. I'm doing a cut command, using \n - linefeed as delimeter and "list" as my file. cut -f1 -d"\n" -s < list Changing the file, putting spaces and doing cut -f1 -d" " -s < list it works, but with linefeed nothing is returned. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienET
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script to keep history of same file

Hello, How do I write a korn shell that will rename file with the current date. What I want to do is, I have a file that is re-written every day. But instead, I want to keep a 14 day history of the file. So I want to write a script that will rename the current file with a date attached to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watson2000
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing the format of CSV file

Hi Experts, Please help me to get the following from script for Unix ENvironment(shell, perl, tr, sed, awk). INPUT FILE: 20K,ME,592971 20K,YOU,2 20K,HE,1244998 50K,YOU,480110 50K,ME,17 50K,HIS,10 50K,HE,1370391 OUTPUT FILE: K,ME,YOU,HE,HIS 20K,592971,2,1244998,0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashis.tewari
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing csv file contents to file of rows

i have a file a.txt contents as 1,2,3,4,......etc...in a single line, i want to write to another file in rows as 1 2 3 4 5 can u help? i do not know the length of a.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravfraz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing dates in a csv file

Hello, Is there a script template out there that will assist me on creating a script to search for dates with "2011" and change it to "2012" in an excel spreadsheet. I am in Ksh :confused: Thank you, Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrutalBryan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing date format in CSV file

I have a CSV file with a date format like this; 11/19/2012 17:37:00,1.372,121.6 11/19/2012 17:38:00,0.743,121.6 Want to change the time stamp to seconds after 1970 so I can get the data in rrdtool. For anyone interested, this is data from a TED5000 unit and is Kwatts and volts. Needs to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ottsm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies
chsh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chsh(1)

NAME
chsh - change default login shell SYNOPSIS
login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] DESCRIPTION
The command changes the login-shell for a user's login name in the repository (see passwd(1)). The DCE repository is only available if Integrated Login has been configured; see auth.adm(1M). If Integrated Login has been configured, other considerations apply. A user with appropriate DCE privileges is capable of modifying a user's shell; this is not dependent upon superuser privileges. If the repository is not specified (as in [login-name]), the login shell is changed in the file only. Run after running to make sure the information was processed correctly. Notes The command is a hard link to the command. When is executed, actually the command gets executed with appropriate arguments to change the user login shell in the repository specified in command line. If no repository is specified, the login shell is changed in the file. Arguments login-name A login name of a user. shell The absolute path name of a shell. If the file exists, the new login shell must be listed in that file. Otherwise, you can specify one of the standard shells listed in the getusershell(3C) manual entry. If shell is omitted, it defaults to the POSIX shell, Options The following option is recognized: Specify the repository to which the operation is to be applied. Supported repositories include and Security Restrictions You must have appropriate privileges to use the optional login-name argument to change another user's login shell. NETWORKING FEATURES
NFS File can be implemented as a Network Information Service (NIS) database. EXAMPLES
To change the login shell for user to the default: To change the login shell for user to the C shell: To change the login shell for user to the Korn shell in the DCE registry: WARNINGS
If two or more users try to write the file at the same time, a passwd locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
chfn(1), csh(1), ksh(1), passwd(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1), getusershell(3C), pam(3), passwd(4), shells(4). chsh(1)