Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New User needing Help for upcoming job Post 100264 by cyberjax21 on Saturday 25th of February 2006 02:04:57 PM
Old 02-25-2006
thanks Perderabo, this will help me! As for creating a file like the one I wanted. example would be using excel in windows. is that something done in vi? If so, how do you seperate fields? would I use the pipe? if so what seperates a column heading from the column data? Once again any info is greatly appreciated!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

user unable to run at job

Aix version is 5.2. users are not able to run only at jobs. users are listed in at.allow file. Getting following Errors: at -l at: 0481-108 You are not authorized to use the at command. atq 0481-067 Cannot change to the /var/spool/cron/atjobs directory. at 24:10:00 pwd at:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

First public beta of upcoming gawk 4.0 release

Hi (g)awk lovers, just spreading the news: the first beta is available and there are many new features. This is the original announce. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radoulov
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Is user cron job running in background?

Hi, Should the user jobs specified in crontab be running in background? Cron daemon is already running in background. So I am not sure whether should the jobs (output and error messages are redirected to file) ran by it be explicitly stated to be run in background (& at end of command) if one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe_x
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does running a cron job of a user require the user to be logged in?

Suppose user 'asdf' is not logged into server 'bbbb', but the server is up. User 'asdf' has cron job. Will it be executed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change to NIS netgroup definition in upcoming Internet Draft

I'm considering the merits of slightly redefining the "domain" field in a NIS netgroup (the third field in the triple) to make it more useful, in a new Internet Draft that I am currently developing. Does anyone out there who uses NIS actually make use of the "domain" field? The places I've worked... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cambridge
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job for Fake User

There is a program that we (a company I'm working for) would like to run once per day, and the approach we're taking is to create a fake user to give a location to the data for this program, and to be the user running the program. For the sake of the discussion, let me call the fake user "bob". ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevendaryl
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback wanted for upcoming script language

Hi I'm currently rewriting a project from install-required to a pure runtime form. The former had required the project name and the definition of the command as name, as they all become functions now, this could be shorter. As you might have figured, the project already exists in another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
ColumnInfo(3pm) 					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					   ColumnInfo(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Report::ColumnInfo - Object that holds column meta-data. SYNOPSIS
my $info = $subreport->column_info_by_idx( 0 ); print "Column's name: ", $info->name(), " "; print "Column's index: ", $info->index(), " "; print "Column's type: ", $info->type(), " "; print "Column's label: ", $info->label(), " "; DESCRIPTION
The Lire::Report::ColumnInfo object contains meta-data information on the columns of a subreport. CONSTRUCTOR
new( $group, $name, $class, $type, [$label]]) Creates a new Lire::Report::ColumnInfo object. The column info attributes are initialized based on $name, $class, $type and $label. OBJECT METHODS
name() Returns the name of this column. This name can be used to find the group operation (from the report specification) that is responsible for the column's content. class() Returns the column's class of data. This will be either 'numerical' or 'categorical'. type() Returns the column's type. This referes to the type of the DLF field that was usd to generate this column's values. group_info() Returns the GroupInfo object which contains this column. index() Returns the column's index in the table. This will be undef until the column info object is added to a Lire::Subreport or Lire::Group object. col_start() Returns the display column which is the start of the cell span that should be used to render this column's values. col_end() Returns the display column which is the end of the cell span that should be used to render this column's values. col_width() Returns the suggested column width for this column in characters. max_chars() This method returns the length of the longest string in that column (including the label). avg_chars() This method returns the average length of strings in that column (including the label). This will be round up to the next integer (1.3 -> 2). label( [$label] ) Returns the column's label. If the $label parameter is defined, the column's label will be set to this new value. SEE ALSO
Lire::Report::Subreport(3pm) Lire::Report::GroupInfo(3pm) VERSION
$Id: ColumnInfo.pm,v 1.15 2006/07/23 13:16:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 ColumnInfo(3pm)