rpc.rstatd: incompatible...

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users rpc.rstatd: incompatible...
# 1  
Old 03-04-2005
Question rpc.rstatd: incompatible...

Hi,
I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix server by rstatd, and I got next error:

Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data

does any one have an idea about this..

regards
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Incompatible Level of gcc?

I'm compiling an application someone gave me. It uses XLC on a Power7, running Red Hat (4? 5?). It compiles and links, but I get the following message for every .o and .exe... xlc_r: 1501-274 (W) An incompatible level of gcc has been specified. I've tried googling on this error, and I'll I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harper21
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need help getting Loadrunner to work with freeBSD system monitoring rstatd/rup/rsysinfo

Hi there, I'm trying to use loadrunner with freebsd system monitoring tools like rstatd/rup/rsysinfo, but I keep getting this error from loadrunner: Monitor name :UNIX Resources. Internal rpc error (error code:4). Machine: 192.168.1.15. Hint: Check that RPC on this machine is up and running.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: echan00
0 Replies

3. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to start rstatd Daemon

guy's How to start rstatd Daemon on AIX 6.1 as I enable it from etc/inetd.conf then I refreshed it by this command refresh -s inetd but stil is not Active ! can some one advice in this ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start rstatd deamon on unix

Hi, How can I start the rstatd deamon, and how can know if this is actually runing? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-pg incompatible with -shared

while compiling my code with -pg option i got the following error: ld (prelink): -pg incompatible with -shared; assuming -nopg any idea to overcome this problem? how can i use gprof profiler for a program using shared libraries? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

10. Linux

rstatd does not work

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix/linux box, the Loadrunner tool uses the rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data I'm trying to start that deamon, and I use the RUP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
rpc.rstatd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    rpc.rstatd(1M)

NAME
rpc.rstatd, rstatd - kernel statistics server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/rstat/rpc.rstatd DESCRIPTION
rpc.rstatd is a server which returns performance statistics obtained from the kernel. rup(1) uses rpc.rstatd to collect the uptime informa- tion that it displays. rpc.rstatd is an RPC service. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rup(1), svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.rstatd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/rstat:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2004 rpc.rstatd(1M)