Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Network problem after sys-unconfig Post 9068 by Andy Hibbins on Monday 22nd of October 2001 12:53:53 PM
Old 10-22-2001
That's okay Rachael, if you have any more problems don't hesitate to post on www.unix.com, one of us will try to help you.

Andy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login error after sys-unconfig, errno = 13

Hi, I have a SPARCstation 10 with SunOS 5.6 This erlier was in a network and now I have it at home to make a webserver. At fist there was NIS and things left from erlier. So the "Console login:" newer appered only the white window with sun logo topleft and some text info. I made... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: roing
14 Replies

2. Solaris

[need help] about after running sys-unconfig and config network for v890

hi expert, i had do sys-unconfig for my v890 sparc and had config for eri0 network interface and hostname but after the server bring up i got this error messages : NIS domainname is www.USSDGmdn-4.com starting rpc services: rpcbind keyserv done. Setting netmask of eri0 to 255.255.255.0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Network Sys Admin

Hi, my name is wesly. I an IT tech at the Junior Level. I have a bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems. I would like to fully become a Unix Sys Admin. Can anyone please tell me what I have to do. Do I have to set up a Unix or Linux server. How about Apache. Please give me clues and tips... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wes.lat
1 Replies

4. Solaris

sys-unconfig keeps hostname

Hi, I performed a sys-unconfig on a solaris 10 server twice and it did not ask for a new hostname. I did a fresh install. most of the time I have experienced that it asks for a new hostname. what happened? I know I could have edited some files but I prefer not to. thanks in advance, ~jv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
3 Replies

5. Solaris

question about sys-unconfig

Hi there, We are trying to move our Sun Solaris 10 servers to new location (different state); the subnets will be changing ofcourse and so will the IP addresses; we plan to change hostname too. Questions: 1)If we perform sys-unconfig will the current installed application/data be lost? If so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedee
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

9. Solaris

sys-unconfig now can not log in

I did a sys-unconfig to change the domainname, Ip, subnet, hostname, and pretty much everything else that sys-unconfig handles. Upon reboot, it is toast. I did this all without the network cable plugged in. The following shows up on console: login: pam_unix_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

10. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)