Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support Post 46033 by AndroidI6 on Wednesday 7th of January 2004 04:07:35 PM
Old 01-07-2004
Question Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support

Does any one know if RedHat 9 comes with ntfs support by default?

And, if by chance its not included by default, does any one here know where I can get that support added?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

End of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution

Dear Red Hat Linux user, We are approaching the published end of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution. We'd like to remind you of this date and the options available to you for migrating your Red Hat Linux implementations: Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntfs support

hello, I want to acces my other drives(NTFS) on my fedora 6......I had recomplied my kernel to 2.6.23....previously it was 2.6.18.... Also I had loaded driver for ntfs ie.......installed successfully ....fuse + ntfs-3g..... Now I am able to accces my other ntfs drives....... but what i need is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
11 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat Network / Support

Dear all, I have around 7 servers which are running under RHEL 5.x Version. I have supported the server for nearly 3 years. Till now I have not contacted RHEL Network Support from Redhat for any services. Now a thought came to my mind , that in any case if there is some issue with the OS or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Right to left language support, in Red Hat EL6

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution, is there a rpm-solution or config-solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwaystudent
1 Replies
RUMP_NTFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      RUMP_NTFS(8)

NAME
rump_ntfs -- mount a ntfs image with a userspace server SYNOPSIS
file-system PUFFS pseudo-device putter rump_ntfs [options] image mountpoint DESCRIPTION
NOTE! This manual page describes features specific to the rump(3) file server. Please see mount_ntfs(8) for a full description of the avail- able command line options. The rump_ntfs utility can be used to mount ntfs file systems. It uses rump(3) and p2k(3) to facilitate running the file system as a server in userspace. As opposed to mount_ntfs(8), rump_ntfs does not use file system code within the kernel and therefore does not require kernel support except puffs(4). Apart from a minor speed penalty there is no downside with respect to in-kernel code. rump_ntfs does not require using vnconfig(8) for mounts from regular files and the file path can be passed directly as the image parameter. In fact, the use of vnconfig(8) is discouraged, since it is unable to properly deal with images on sparse files. In case the image contains multiple partitions, the desired partition must be indicated by appending the token ``%DISKLABEL:p%'' to the image path. The letter ``p'' specifies the partition as obtained via disklabel(8). For example, to mount partition ``e'' from image /tmp/wd0.img, use ``/tmp/wd0.img%DISKLABEL:e%''. It is recommended that untrusted file system images be mounted with rump_ntfs instead of mount_ntfs(8). Corrupt file system images commonly cause the file system to crash the entire kernel, but with rump_ntfs only the userspace server process will dump core. To use rump_ntfs via mount(8), the flags -o rump and -t ntfs should be given. Similarly, rump_ntfs is used instead of mount_ntfs(8) if ``rump'' is added to the options field of fstab(5). SEE ALSO
p2k(3), puffs(3), rump(3), mount_ntfs(8) HISTORY
The rump_ntfs utility first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 21, 2010 BSD