Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo must be setuid root.
Operating Systems AIX sudo must be setuid root. Post 302398305 by ITHelper on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 07:41:54 AM
Old 02-24-2010
sudo must be setuid root.

Guy's

I'm trying to add some lines in sudo by useing this command visudo

Code:

# User privilege specification
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
# Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
# %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
# Same thing without a password
# %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
# Samples
# %users ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom
# %users localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now

%sysadmin ALL=(root) /usr/sbin/shutdown,/usr/bin/topas,/usr/bin/svmon,/usr/bin/lsof,/opt/sarcheck/bin/sarcheck,/usr/bin/stopsrc,/usr
/sbin/fuser,/usr/sbin/umount,/usr/sbin/mount,/usr/bin/chown,/usr/bin/chmod,/usr/bin/find,/usr/bin/mksysb,/usr/bin/truss,/usr/sbin/tc
pdump,/usr/bin/vmstat,/usr/sbin/varyoffvg,/usr/sbin/exportvg,/usr/sbin/varyonvg,/usr/sbin/importvg

:wq!

when I try to save I'm getting the belwo

"/etc/sudoers.tmp" 31 lines, 945 characters 
>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 29 <<<
>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 30 <<<
What now? \
Options are:
(e)dit sudoers file again
e(x)it without saving changes to sudoers file
(Q)uit and save changes to sudoers file (DANGER!)
What now?

when I try to run sudo -l

I'm getting the below ?

Code:
Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.

Please help me in this regard and advices ....
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setuid root and chown

I am trying to run chown and chmod from a script owned by root. The permissions are set to 4755 so that users can execute the script as root. However, when I run the script as a user other than root, I get "Operation not permitted" for both chown and chmod. Any ideas as to why this is? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmsucpe
6 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setuid Program with (-rwsr-sr-x 1 root other ) UID/EUID issue

Hi, I have a program with the following suid setup -rwsr-sr-x 1 root other 653 Aug 16 17:00 restart_server It basically starts up a service that has to be started by root. I just want the normal users to be able to restart the service using the script above. But when the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo/root access

I'm actually working with a Ubuntu-System here and have a question about executing a command with 'sudo'. I tried and got a error message like "not allowed". After this I logged in with 'sudo -s' and typed the command without 'sudo'. This worked well. Can please somebody explain me this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo on becoming root

Anyone able to explain why if i run "sudo -i" or "sudo -s" i am able to get into root by just keying my own password? How to avoid this from happening coz i need all the users to use su - only. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo to user other than root but do not allow sudo to root

I have a set of RHEL 5 boxes running our ERP software on Oracle databases. I need to allow my DBA's to su to oracle and one other account (banner) without knowing the oracle or banner password. But I need to prevent them from su'ing to any other user especially root. I only want them to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sudo access of rm to non-root user

Hello, It is Solaris-10. There is a file as /opt/vpp/dom1.2/pdd/today_23. It is always generated by root, so owned by root only. This file has to be deleted as part of application restart always and that is done by app_user and SA is always involved to do rm on that file. Is it possible to give... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What keeps me from abusing setuid(0) and programs with setuid bit set?

Just learning about the privilege escalation method provided by setuid. Correct me if I am wrong but what it does is change the uid of the current process to whatever uid I set. Right ? So what stops me from writing my own C program and calling setuid(0) within it and gaining root privileges ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sudo to root, but keep my own aliases?

I have a coworker that has set up some funky aliases in /etc/bash.alias, and he insists on leaving them that way. For example he aliased "ll" to "ls -lahtr", which really bugs me. Anyway, I was wondering if there were a way for me to sudo to root without reading /etc/bash.alias, or maybe have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
6 Replies
svscanboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     svscanboot(8)

NAME
svscanboot - starts svscan(8) in the /service directory, with output and error messages logged through readproctitle(8). svscanboot is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
svscanboot DESCRIPTION
svscanboot runs the pipeline svscan /service 2>&1 | readproctitle service errors: ..... with 400 dots. The last 400 bytes of error messages from svscan(8) will be visible to ps(1) through readproctitle(8). svscanboot sets $PATH to /command:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin (all in one line, no space) and clears all other environment variables. Program writers are encouraged to use globally allocated names in /command. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html svscanboot(8)