10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
I wrote two shell scripts in UNIX that renames the same file and scheduled them at the same time.
The following are the steps that I followed:-
1. I wrote 2 scripts named s1.sh and s2.sh, both trying to add “exec_” prefix to the name of the files present in a folder i which already don't start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piuli
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can anyone provide me some input or pseudo code for my req as mentioned below...
I am loading 2 files through unix script into oracle table...as i am doing some updates also i am getting an error where both files try to update the table simultaneously and my script fails..
so i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...).
I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message.
Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4. Red Hat
If anyone has time, I have a few questions:
How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too.
1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts?
2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have an Essbase installation on Solaris 10 and need to get the backups configured. Unfortunately several key files are locked and Essbase (OLAP application) is not releasing the locks when the Essbase or the applications within stop running. It appears I can use chmod to unlock the files but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaBrian
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
How can we apply lock on a text file through Unix Ksh script. I did found a command flock (file descriptor) but am not very acquainted with the usage.
Can anybody tell me if I need to use Flock command for applying locks to a file while writing on it. If the person can explain the usage... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kum5256
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have an inbox , which recieves mails every second. I need to copy the contents of the mails in the inbox to a file , say once every minute. Then clear the content of the inbox. There is a possibility that a new mail might come in before I delete the content.
Please let me know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju-he202
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am a new user of linux. I have 2 Queries
1) I recently started working with shell script, and now i plan to make a folder lock using a shell script. I have ubuntu 8.04 installed on my system.
2) When i searched on this forum all i got was mini-httpd, and apache2-utils package, but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsunami
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device?
thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I found a lock file like this
lrwxrwxr-x 1 sskb apollo 16 Oct 22 22:00 lock -> hostname:2747
(pl. note that hostname is a number like 22.214.171.124)
but this was not shown in the file manager eventhough I had selected to show the hidden files.
I could not even read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb