7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine.
I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go.
Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for?
The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
2. What is on Your Mind?
Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this:
the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n.
but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
I do not use the default linker, and instead us another one and pass this argument -Wl,--dynamic-linker=<path to linker> to gcc when compiling. However, what happens if the linker is not under /lib and /lib64 and I am not able to create a symlink to the linker in /lib or /lib64 due to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shompis
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this.
Thanks in advance,
Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection?
2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
question: for the below program
i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid
why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086
but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two!
can someone comment on that!
#define DIM 8
int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan